STOP DRUG OVERDOSES RAP

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

MikeMello

STOP DRUG OVERDOSES RAP

Post by MikeMello »

Let me know what you guys think
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzveT6vpAYE
freightgod

Re: STOP DRUG OVERDOSES RAP

Post by freightgod »

I DIDN'T KNOW THAT'S ALL IT WOULD TAKE WILL RAP NOW
david123

Post by david123 »

Number One: If your efforts can save one from OD then huge kudos to you my friend.

Number Two: I'm not a rap apprecianado.... but... I try but can't tell one rap piece from another most of the time. It's probably my fault and lack of listening to the genre. ( The sounds, hand motions, etc., all just seem so copy-cat-ish if that's even a word...) Also, music videos, in my very small opinion have nearly killed the music industry. I'm sure it has it's place, but as a rule I stopped watching music videos back in the early 80's. But I would ask "What makes me stand out?" Hey, I'm way older than you, and I'm preaching to myself with that last one...

Number Three: You put a lot of time, effort, and heart into this project, so keep going for it and reach those that need to hear your heart/message. Good on you young man!
MikeMello

Post by MikeMello »

david123 wrote:Number One: If your efforts can save one from OD then huge kudos to you my friend.

Number Two: I'm not a rap apprecianado.... but... I try but can't tell one rap piece from another most of the time. It's probably my fault and lack of listening to the genre. ( The sounds, hand motions, etc., all just seem so copy-cat-ish if that's even a word...) Also, music videos, in my very small opinion have nearly killed the music industry. I'm sure it has it's place, but as a rule I stopped watching music videos back in the early 80's. But I would ask "What makes me stand out?" Hey, I'm way older than you, and I'm preaching to myself with that last one...

Number Three: You put a lot of time, effort, and heart into this project, so keep going for it and reach those that need to hear your heart/message. Good on you young man!
Thank you for the support!
MikeMello

Post by MikeMello »

anyone else have feedback?
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

I'm not going to negatively critique your music without a warrant but people have been singing about drugs ever since they became the short cut to enlightenment for the unenlightened masses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XqyGoE2Q4Y
MikeMello

Post by MikeMello »

AHornsby wrote:I'm not going to negatively critique your music without a warrant but people have been singing about drugs ever since they became the short cut to enlightenment for the unenlightened masses.

Very true point. I guess I am trying to be unique in the sense that Im rapping about drugs but not about doing them but about stopping them.
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

MikeMello wrote:
AHornsby wrote:I'm not going to negatively critique your music without a warrant but people have been singing about drugs ever since they became the short cut to enlightenment for the unenlightened masses.

Very true point. I guess I am trying to be unique in the sense that Im rapping about drugs but not about doing them but about stopping them.
I understand about you trying to be unique. That's a good thing. I thought that very thing about your rap too.

Your voice is unique but 'finding it' is up to you and I suppose there's no critique out there that'll help that process much. Keep on rappin' though. If you put it out there someone is bound to listen. 8)
MikeMello

Post by MikeMello »

Thanks for the advice!
Vicious5150

Post by Vicious5150 »

I dig it, subbed your channel and left a comment and a like, keep it up man