How's my mixing?

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

MikeMello

How's my mixing?

Post by MikeMello »

Recorded all on mixcraft 7 pro. Looking for feedback thanks.
https://youtu.be/9kpCuMHgTJc
freightgod

Re: How's my mixing?

Post by freightgod »

First, congrats (I think?) on your girls looking like Kim K 8) :lol:

Second, and this is not what you asked about, but man your own natural voice is so much better than that processed effect...but I see what you were going for and you achieved it, but that autotune is really pronounced. I've heard the real thing and the effect just drains all the personality out of your voice.

OK, sorry about that. Now, my unprofessional opinion of your overall mix:

Good job, I think you've got a good balance going on e.q. wise, I can hear most of the vocals fairly clearly, but at that tempo and my old ears, I wouldn't mind a little more 'crispness', maybe even a little sibilance, on the vocals. But I'm deaf, so...lol

I think it's got some nice punch. I think you've made some decent space for each of your 'voices'. Maybe the dynamic range is a little low? A tad over compressed overall? Never mind.

Gut reaction, 1st listen, for what it's worth, Good Job ! :D

Great work on the video, what software did you use, and please start a thread sometime explaining your approach to shooting video to music.

Keep up the hard work :!:
MikeMello

Post by MikeMello »

Thank you so much for listening and for the feedback. This video was actually shot on a cell phone and edited on sony vegas pro.
aj113

Post by aj113 »

What are you aiming for the mix? Are you trying to recreate the original?

Just to clarify, was it recorded in MC or did you download the original stems and mix them in MC?
MikeMello

Post by MikeMello »

aj113 wrote:What are you aiming for the mix? Are you trying to recreate the original?

Just to clarify, was it recorded in MC or did you download the original stems and mix them in MC?
Hi not sure I follow. It was a song that someone else first did but I used the beat and added my own lyrics/vocals. Hope that clarifies it.
aj113

Post by aj113 »

Ok so when you say "Recorded all on mixcraft 7 pro" you mean "all vocals Recorded on mixcraft 7 pro, instrumentation is a pre-recorded download"?
MikeMello

Post by MikeMello »

aj113 wrote:Ok so when you say "Recorded all on mixcraft 7 pro" you mean "all vocals Recorded on mixcraft 7 pro, instrumentation is a pre-recorded download"?
Correct yes, sorry for any confusion. Beat was pre recorded, just vocals and mixing done on mixcraft