Maybe This Time - Original music by Neil G.

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Neil G

Maybe This Time - Original music by Neil G.

Post by Neil G »

Maybe This Time - Original music by Neil G. A bit of fun with a Roland Guitar Synth and Mixcraft 8.1 -

https://youtu.be/IEdzDJ_r5kc

https://soundcloud.com/ngmusicnw/maybe-this-time
ron in wa

Re: Maybe This Time - Original music by Neil G.

Post by ron in wa »

I think your piece would be improved with a contrasting musical idea or metamorphosis of the idea you have. How about a B section? The slight variations on the melody and arrangement aren't enough to keep my interest.
Neil G

Post by Neil G »

Thank you ron in wa for taking the time to listen and then comment on this recording.

This music was produced to utilise my Roland Guitar Synth - all the tracks were played live and layered over 2 Orchestral percussion samples. I only spent the time it took to play each track so it was a fast in the moment spontaneous creation. I use this to play to pupils who are astonished when I tell them I play all the sounds from a guitar !!.

Secondly I don't take myself too seriously and posted this track as a demonstration piece more than a work of musical genius. The ability to record into Mixcraft directly whilst using my Roland Guitar Synth is the main reason for creating this music.

Thirdly I have posted this track elsewhere and not only is it listened to it actually gets a few "likes".

So it goes to show how music is very subjective - placing your music in a Forum like this may attract the odd negative comment but that's ok it is interesting to get the opinions and impressions from others of the music I create.

I see you haven't posted any music yet - I wait with great anticipation - it will be interesting to hear your music.

Neil G.
ron in wa

Post by ron in wa »

Neil, please take my comment as a suggestion for improvement rather than as an "odd negative comment". It is completely alright with me that you created it for your specific purpose. I agree that we all shouldn't take ourselves or our music too seriously. I encourage you to keep creating and be true to yourself.

I have posted a piece that I wrote. I hope you can comment on it in the spirit above.