New song...s

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

M@rkus

New song...s

Post by M@rkus »

M@rkus/
Sweden
1. HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC, AMD A6-3410 MX APU, 1,60 Ghz, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. Mixcraft 7, Ampliube 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
2. Asus AMD FX-4100 Quad core 3.60 Ghz, 16 GB ram, Mixcraft 7, Win 7/64 Ultimate SP 1.
outteh

Re: New song...s

Post by outteh »

Good to hear from you! Great stuff! 6 new ones, great work! :D
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

outteh wrote:Good to hear from you! Great stuff! 6 new ones, great work! :D
Thanks a lot!

M@rkus
M@rkus/
Sweden
1. HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC, AMD A6-3410 MX APU, 1,60 Ghz, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. Mixcraft 7, Ampliube 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
2. Asus AMD FX-4100 Quad core 3.60 Ghz, 16 GB ram, Mixcraft 7, Win 7/64 Ultimate SP 1.
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

:) Back in an hour:)
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

Boston Rock : I miss AM radio! I do wonder if this wouldn't really Pop with some more spacious drum sounds tho. Wow to the Clapton at 4:13. Perhaps a hair over long? But no, a perfect album cut. My fave here.

Soul is amazing.

Village Fool - you're really getting good at this songwriting thing!

Good to hear you back!
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

freightgod wrote:Boston Rock : I miss AM radio! I do wonder if this wouldn't really Pop with some more spacious drum sounds tho. Wow to the Clapton at 4:13. Perhaps a hair over long? But no, a perfect album cut. My fave here.

Soul is amazing.

Village Fool - you're really getting good at this songwriting thing!

Good to hear you back!

Thanks a lot for your feedback! I kind of like Boston Rock myself! (And yes, I was a tiny bit "inspired" by Boston´s "Long Time".... hence the name "Boston Rock"). But my favorite is "Andrews Gold" which is a nod to Andrew Gold´s "Lonely Boy" from -76!
Thanks again!
M@rkus/
Sweden
Mab098157

Post by Mab098157 »

Good work Alex. I would say there is a lot of Queen, or specifically Brian May, influence on several tracks.
Mark Bowie
Illinois

It's all in your mind
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Hi M@rkus (Alex) whatever,

Just came across your stuff on soundcloud there now and identified you back here by your profile photo . Some lovely tracks you have there. Wonderful sounds. Keep filling the world with luscious tones please :)
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

Mab098157 wrote:Good work Alex. I would say there is a lot of Queen, or specifically Brian May, influence on several tracks.
Thanks a lot Mark! (that is your name right?)

For sure I listened a lot to Queen during the seventies, and my favourite album is "Sheer Heart Attack"!

Best regards/
M@rkus
M@rkus/
Sweden
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

Ian Craig wrote:Hi M@rkus (Alex) whatever,

Just came across your stuff on soundcloud there now and identified you back here by your profile photo . Some lovely tracks you have there. Wonderful sounds. Keep filling the world with luscious tones please :)

Hi, Ian!

Thanks a lot for your kind words! My real name is Markus, I only use "Alex Cox Coyne" when I publish music somewhere!
I´m glad you liked them, I hesitated for a long time before I put them out here. From the beginning it was 10 songs, but I decided four of them were not up to par, and I was left with these six. They took me 18 months to finish, and I still don´t know what I think about them...

Best regards/
M@rkus
M@rkus/
Sweden
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

M@rkus wrote:They took me 18 months to finish, and I still don´t know what I think about them...
M@rkus
That's the way to do things properly. Let them brew and revisit them often with fresh ears.
Making anything that comes across to people will always be disconcerting due to the fact that you've spent a lot of time on them whereas they all claim to be experts based on spending a couple of minutes (or even just a second or two) of their lives on them. Listeners search for identity, creators establish their own identity in the world and get the benefit of the wisdom that this disconcerting dichotomy provides. Well done for getting it all done without assistant engineers or producers to guide it along for you (like all those supposed 'talented' famous, rich idiots have at their disposal). :wink: :lol:
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Well done Markus!
Its not too hard to identify the period that influences your style and tastes!
BTW, besides some of the previously mentioned comparisons, I hear some brief hints of Golden Earing in there.

Boston Rock= "I don't know why"
Lots of guitar layers and textures. Many "influenced by" flavors, yet quite original.

Was it Worth it:
For a moment there I thought you were breaking out with some modern country. Nice romp.

Soul:
Tasty and smooth groove.
I'd suggest maybe the bass could use a little tightening up and definition, and the high end ("brushed snare" maybe?) is a bit too fizzy and slightly overbearing to me.

Village Fool:
Beatle-ish pop? Nice and tasty. Bit of similar fizz again maybe? Something in the cymbals I think. Maybe its just my playback at the moment, have to check on other sources.

Fur Liza:
(Nice "play on words" title) Now we jump to another era! Diggin the guitar tones again! Nice use of tempo change.

Andrews Gold:
Nice piano ballad intro. Just the right length too. Nice tune with jazzy bits and lots of change ups. I like it.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

Ian Craig wrote:
M@rkus wrote:They took me 18 months to finish, and I still don´t know what I think about them...
M@rkus
That's the way to do things properly. Let them brew and revisit them often with fresh ears.
Making anything that comes across to people will always be disconcerting due to the fact that you've spent a lot of time on them whereas they all claim to be experts based on spending a couple of minutes (or even just a second or two) of their lives on them. Listeners search for identity, creators establish their own identity in the world and get the benefit of the wisdom that this disconcerting dichotomy provides. Well done for getting it all done without assistant engineers or producers to guide it along for you (like all those supposed 'talented' famous, rich idiots have at their disposal). :wink: :lol:

Thanks a lot for your thoughtful words and insights! And for taking your time to listen to my music, and write comments!
Yes, it´s very difficult to judge your work when you have no one to consult, but that was how I wanted to do it. But what really made me question my own music (or the "quality" thereof) was when I watched this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrJ0xnXv_IQ
Not that I ever concidered myself even a half decent hack musicwise, but after watching (listening) to Tom Scholtz compositions, I felt I was in kindergarten.... That´s when I started to question if I should post anything at all...
I think I watch way too much You Tube videos...

Thanks again!

M@rkus
M@rkus/
Sweden
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

Mark Bliss wrote:Well done Markus!
Its not too hard to identify the period that influences your style and tastes!
BTW, besides some of the previously mentioned comparisons, I hear some brief hints of Golden Earing in there.

Boston Rock= "I don't know why"
Lots of guitar layers and textures. Many "influenced by" flavors, yet quite original.

Was it Worth it:
For a moment there I thought you were breaking out with some modern country. Nice romp.

Soul:
Tasty and smooth groove.
I'd suggest maybe the bass could use a little tightening up and definition, and the high end ("brushed snare" maybe?) is a bit too fizzy and slightly overbearing to me.

Village Fool:
Beatle-ish pop? Nice and tasty. Bit of similar fizz again maybe? Something in the cymbals I think. Maybe its just my playback at the moment, have to check on other sources.

Fur Liza:
(Nice "play on words" title) Now we jump to another era! Diggin the guitar tones again! Nice use of tempo change.

Andrews Gold:
Nice piano ballad intro. Just the right length too. Nice tune with jazzy bits and lots of change ups. I like it.

Thanks a lot for taking your time to listen to my songs, and for sharing your thoughts on my music! I agree with what you say, and I think you´re being way to kind when it comes to the quality of the production, but I appreciate it anyway!
All these songs have a story behind them, and the lyrics are not just haphazardly put together. All the songs deals with duality in one way or another (black/white, heart/mind, "reality"/dreams, sanity/insanity) and so on.

Thanks again for your thoughts!

Best regards/
M@rkus
M@rkus/
Sweden