2 more videos you may enjoy that I've just sorted out a bit

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Ian Craig

2 more videos you may enjoy that I've just sorted out a bit

Post by Ian Craig »

Hi,

I've 2 new videos.
The first is version 2 of this video and is more or less complete. It contains a wall of sound I was working on and it occurred to me that I had thousands of images taken from still frames of digital video tapes which I recorded at points during 2003, 2004 and 2007 and that as I could have 30 frames a second, which is 1800 a minute, it would be possible to have several minutes of footage from several thousand images, which is what I did, so it ended up with about 2,500 images in 5 or 6 minutes. I used a kaleidoscope effect so it would be more a case of intimate recognition of places for anyone to recognise any of the roads, or buildings I lived in (all in Belfast) which make up the majority of the video. The rest is me playing about with the camera, pulling faces and stuff. Enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESVFl1u9-lc&t=7s

The second may not be complete (the music could be improved, I think, with more work) and
Visually -
it is pretty boring for the first 4 minutes as it mostly contains an image of the spectrogram of certain sound layers of the first 4 minutes which I altered using paint.net into about 20 images, then used Mixcraft to crossfade between them slowly. I don't think that section works very well visually. Anyway, that is followed by 2 minutes of a beautiful image of Norway which I used external programs to add various morphing FX which work quite well when you see them. The last 10 minutes are mostly of clouds above a road journey between Belfast and Mullingar (look them up) sped up from a usable 58 minutes of footage into 10 minutes. There are 3 different versions. Firstly, the main footage, which is overlayed with 2 boxes containing versions, one with the left hand side of the image mirrored on the right and the other version has the right hand side of the image mirrored on the left. These two appear in boxes one above the other. I also occasionally flipped these 2 videos upside down. I did all this visual layering work in the free VSDC video editor but it wouldn't process the sound until I upgraded to the Pro version for $20, but I think it was worth it to have the ability to combine videos in this way. It's pretty long but enjoyable enough to sit through i.e. listen/watch in the background or even the foreground. Enjoy :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc--6g0bpNg
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
TheHound

Re: 2 more videos you may enjoy that I've just sorted out a bit

Post by TheHound »

They would be really great on the big screen with surround sound and creative panning, Very trippy! :D
Ian Craig

Re: 2 more videos you may enjoy that I've just sorted out a bit

Post by Ian Craig »

TheHound wrote:They would be really great on the big screen with surround sound and creative panning, Very trippy! :D

Yeah, thanks for watching Hound :D
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6