the pianissimo and the entrancing b flat

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

freightgod

the pianissimo and the entrancing b flat

Post by freightgod »

bigaquarium

Re: the pianissimo and the entrancing b flat

Post by bigaquarium »

Keep it up! I like your themes and riffs.

One thing I’d suggest (that I need to do too) is to use velocity to develop the phrasing, in your case with the piano. You know, work the soft and the loud notes, plus the sustain, I think it will sound fantastic.

-N
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

Ha, thanks, this was in jest, I did it in 5 minutes just as a response to the bot spam post with the same Subject title. I couldn't pick out a b flat without looking haha so i took it as a challenge. http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewtop ... 25&t=24408
the panissimo and the entrancing b flat.mx8
(69.89 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Anyone care to jump in? Try to keep to the theme as relayed by the great Hanaltib:

I needed to simply touch the keys lightly for the horn to play the b flat. And of course the other notes came out just as easily.

There is a difference between a playing condition sound and pianissimo and entrancing.

My question is; how would you describe the feeling of the pianissimo and entrancing b flat?

I have the sensation of tautness, of a connextion between my breath and the instrument.

Apparently, on an accostic level, there are many simularities beteen the column of air and the string of a string instrument….

I had a sensation of tautness early this morning, but my second cup of coffee took care of that.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Bhahahaha!!!
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Looks like an authentic post to me, though not necessarily the best translation from the original Chinese. Okay maybe it was spam :lol:
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6