Oswaldo Von Schnoobenstein and Mixcraft 9.

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

VonSchnooby

Re: Oswaldo Von Schnoobenstein and Mixcraft 9.

Post by VonSchnooby »

I finally got a new track done after three months. I took a break. This one is a zone out track. There's not a lot to it, but I like putting it on in the background. This one is called "It Was! Before You Touched It"

https://soundcloud.com/tom-pellegrino-1 ... touched-it
Last edited by VonSchnooby on Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Northfield.Lenox

Post by Northfield.Lenox »

Keep posting man - you are keeping the User Showcase alive!!!
Currently enjoying the "Best Of" and the associated artwork...
VonSchnooby

Post by VonSchnooby »

Thanks a lot Northfield!

Your stuff is great. Very creative.
VonSchnooby

Post by VonSchnooby »

If anyone is checking out any of my music here, I would love to hear some comments on what tracks you like. I have some of my own personal favorites, but it usually seems the ones I don't think will get the attention I think they will, are the ones with the most positive response.
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

If I had to pick 5, I think I would definitely go with:
1. Minions of Mirth
2. Mondra 12
3. Watching Cartoons All Day
4. Stir Crazy
5. Waves

I got me a White Montage 7 and now need to get my hands on that awesome HydraSynth with that wicked ribbon controller. Just love the sounds those machines produce.
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
VonSchnooby

Post by VonSchnooby »

That's some interesting choices. All of them are from my last two albums, "Let's Play!" and "The Covid-19 Sessions", and nothing from the other four albums that are out there.

Minions of Mirth - I absolutely loved creating this one. That one was a lot of fun. Good choice! - "Let's Play!"
MONDRA 12 - I didn't think this one would make anyone's list. This surprised me. - "Let's Play!"
Watching Cartoons All Day - Also a lot of fun creating. I like this one a lot. - "The Covid-19 Sessions"
Stir Crazy - My head was in a weird place when I did this one. I really like it! - "The Covid-19 Sessions"
Waves - I had recently gotten the Hydrasynth (Same as Minions of Mirth) and had it stretch its legs as I got to know it. Love it. - "Let's Play!"

Heavy use of the ribbon controller was used in both Waves and Minions of Mirth.
All of them incorporate Deepmind 12 and Montage to a large degree as well.

I'm glad you like them. :D
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

There's some great sounds in those tunes.

How have you integrated your synths into your DAW set up? I'm still trying to figure that out. Do you just throw everything into a mixer or do you constantly switch between inputs and outputs?
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
VonSchnooby

Post by VonSchnooby »

My Synths are just sent through a Focusrite 8i6 and recorded in Mixcraft 9 as stems. That's it. Then I mix/master through iZOTOPE Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 as plug ins for MC9.
VonSchnooby

Post by VonSchnooby »

Hi all. I have been on a hiatus for a long while. I just wanted to drop a note that new music is in the works and I will be posting again soon.