New Mixcraft Convert - "Into The Night"

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Mr.Mxyzptlk

New Mixcraft Convert - "Into The Night"

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

Hi

Wasn't sure if there was a thread for forum intros but I've been using Mixcraft 9 for about a month now (victim of the lockdown, lol). I've previously been old school with MIDI hardware and had the Yamaha SY85, Korg TR-Rack, NX5R, XD5R, Alesis DM5, Roland TR707, MC-80, Akai S6000 amongst other bits and bobs but stupidly sold the lot (apart from the SY85) which I regret every day. I was also in a reggae band (keyboards) for a few years which I also miss but that's life.

Anyway, the drive on my SY85 stopped working which meant I was no longer able to create new songs on it so needed a quick fix and stumbled across the Mixcraft 9 2-week trial. I've never dabbled in DAWs before but it's been an eye opener. Having always worked with hardware sequencers and workstations in the past, I can't get my head around the unlimited tracks and song memory! :shock:

Anyway, I'm finally getting used to the DAW way of working and have bought the Recording Studio version but will most likely upgrade to Pro next month. I didn't want to be overwhelmed straight away. I shall be scouring the forum for info and advice and watching loads of YouTube vids as there are probably plenty of basic mistakes that I'm making at the moment.

At some point, I will also want to connect my SY85 directly to Mixcraft (if this is possible) as using the laptop keys to record live is no joke. It's been great seeing what other people have done with Mixcraft so I am hopeful.

I include one of my first efforts here...https://soundcloud.com/user-162916983/into-the-night

Stay safe everyone!
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI