New song!

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

M@rkus

New song!

Post by M@rkus »

Hi again!

It´s been a while (1.5 years I think), but here´s a new song! Sources of inspiration this time has been Allan Holdsworth, Bachman Turner Overdrive, Boston and Journey!
https://soundcloud.com/lex-cox-coyne/holdsworth
M@rkus/
Sweden
1. HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC, AMD A6-3410 MX APU, 1,60 Ghz, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. Mixcraft 7, Ampliube 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
2. Asus AMD FX-4100 Quad core 3.60 Ghz, 16 GB ram, Mixcraft 7, Win 7/64 Ultimate SP 1.
outteh

Re: New song!

Post by outteh »

Well done. Great guitar work! :D :D :D :D :D
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

outteh wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:28 am Well done. Great guitar work! :D :D :D :D :D
Thanks a lot! Well, this is the best I can do (sadly ha ha)! Thanks again, much appreciated!
M@rkus/
Sweden
1. HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC, AMD A6-3410 MX APU, 1,60 Ghz, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. Mixcraft 7, Ampliube 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
2. Asus AMD FX-4100 Quad core 3.60 Ghz, 16 GB ram, Mixcraft 7, Win 7/64 Ultimate SP 1.
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

Very nice! Kept my ears busy the whole time, very clear vocals too.

The drums were very good I thought, they really punctuated the guitar.

Wow, it's been a while, but even longer for me lol. Keep on keeping on!
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

freightgod wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:07 am Very nice! Kept my ears busy the whole time, very clear vocals too.

The drums were very good I thought, they really punctuated the guitar.

Wow, it's been a while, but even longer for me lol. Keep on keeping on!

Huge thanks! Much appreciated! I really appreciated your detailed comment, I worked hard on this one...and I think I creamed out 100% of my capacity on this one....
I´m a very limited musician, but I try to utilize 100% of what I can do, I´m always pushing myself to do the absolutely best I can to. I mean, a ten-year old who has played the guitar for a couple of years is som much better than me, but at least I can say I actually did my best!

Thanks again!
M@rkus
M@rkus/
Sweden
comedians

Post by comedians »

Hi
Well done, brought back a few memories Allan played in our group in Bradford for a couple of years have attached a recording of him playing Blue Skies before he went to America and down the fusion route. This is from 1966, recorded at a practise in my front room. When I last saw him in Germany some 20 years ago he was not too keen to talk about the old days sadly I never got chance to send him the tracks.

Can't attach but you can get from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/ya729xgzztp56 ... s.mp3?dl=0
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

comedians wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:05 pm Hi
Well done, brought back a few memories Allan played in our group in Bradford for a couple of years have attached a recording of him playing Blue Skies before he went to America and down the fusion route. This is from 1966, recorded at a practise in my front room. When I last saw him in Germany some 20 years ago he was not too keen to talk about the old days sadly I never got chance to send him the tracks.

Can't attach but you can get from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/ya729xgzztp56 ... s.mp3?dl=0
Thank you comedians, for your kind comment!

I listened to the Holdsworth track, and I can see what you mean! Was that really recorded at your house? By you?

But the inspiration I got from Allan Holdsworth on this track was actually the very beginning of my song!
I watched a video with him explaining 10 new scales he had constructed himself, and that he regulary used. See video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wts2Mw6Nb5s

It was his 10:th and last scale that inspired me and also the only scale I understood, ha ha! So I practiced the scale, and I came up with the prog-intro, and after that the whole song came naturally!

The jazzy part in the middle (which I think you refer to) was inspired by Bachman Turner Overdrive´s ”Looking Out For #1”. Listen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4_0Pt3HAR8

Best regards/
M@rkus
M@rkus/
Sweden
comedians

Post by comedians »

Hi Alex

Yes we practised about 5/6 songs & I recorded as we went along. With Allan's mind I am not in the least bit surprised about his scales, they've certainly bamboozled me and a great many other musicians.

My wife has told me to let you know she enjoyed your Holdsworth, in fact her kind of music if you don't mind she also added it to her playlist, coming from the West coast her husband was the only white in a black progressive/fusion band mostly playing in Vegas.

In 2009 she & her then husband had gone to Hollywood Bowl to watch Chick Corea & Jean-luc Ponty, Allan was also on stage with them. After the concert as they boarded the bus low & behold Allan was behind them. On the bus she went to talk to him and mentioned she had a friend in England who had some tracks from 1966, he told her he remembered the session & even remembered my name. I found it quite surprising he hadn't forgotten the detail, or me. She has a good photo on the bus sitting with him. Allan was such a genuine person.
I've got to know many stars in the UK but, as they meet so many people, sometimes 40 years later they struggle to bring you to mind,

This is really off subject & I apologise but if anyone wonders she came to the UK and became my wife two years later.
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

comedians wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:29 pm Hi Alex

Yes we practised about 5/6 songs & I recorded as we went along. With Allan's mind I am not in the least bit surprised about his scales, they've certainly bamboozled me and a great many other musicians.

My wife has told me to let you know she enjoyed your Holdsworth, in fact her kind of music if you don't mind she also added it to her playlist, coming from the West coast her husband was the only white in a black progressive/fusion band mostly playing in Vegas.

In 2009 she & her then husband had gone to Hollywood Bowl to watch Chick Corea & Jean-luc Ponty, Allan was also on stage with them. After the concert as they boarded the bus low & behold Allan was behind them. On the bus she went to talk to him and mentioned she had a friend in England who had some tracks from 1966, he told her he remembered the session & even remembered my name. I found it quite surprising he hadn't forgotten the detail, or me. She has a good photo on the bus sitting with him. Allan was such a genuine person.
I've got to know many stars in the UK but, as they meet so many people, sometimes 40 years later they struggle to bring you to mind,

This is really off subject & I apologise but if anyone wonders she came to the UK and became my wife two years later.
Hi, comedians,

What a great story! Thanks for sharing! Also thanks to your wife who has such good taste in music :D

Best regards/
M@rkus
M@rkus/
Sweden
Y.I. Oughta

Post by Y.I. Oughta »

Great stuff M@rkus. So many twists and turns, it's like an album in one song. Must've been a lot of work!