Making stereo versions of mono records

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

rien1959

Making stereo versions of mono records

Post by rien1959 »

I'm using Mixcraft for a long time. I started with version 3 and now I'm using version 9 Pro Studio. Upmixing old mono recordings to stereo is my hobby and as a example you can see and listen to a stereo version of Ben E King - Perfidia on YouTube : https://youtu.be/N5OEZVpDZF4
For the unmixing of the original file I'm using Steinberg's Spectralayer Pro 7. Then load all the tracks in Mixcraft and remix it to stereo.
jwarv

Re: Making stereo versions of mono records

Post by jwarv »

Cool. I had to go to the mono version to hear the difference. Nice job. I wonder how Spectralayer does that. Do you think that's how some are getting these isolated tracks you hear on Youtube?
rien1959

Post by rien1959 »

jwarv wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:56 am Do you think that's how some are getting these isolated tracks you hear on Youtube?
There are several programs that do the same job and yes, that's how it's done. Most programs can separate bass, drums, piano and vocals. What is left is a separate track. By hand/visual its possible to separate more instruments or sounds. But that takes a lot of time.
Here is another example from me, Carole King - It might as well rain until September. It was originally a demo so the sound quality is not that good but the result in stereo did surprise me.

Carole King - It might as well rain until September : https://pixeldrain.com/u/RUHKHS1h
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

I thought that was pretty amazing. Great job.