Long Cool Women In A Black Dress - The Hollies

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

outteh

Long Cool Women In A Black Dress - The Hollies

Post by outteh »

Great classic rock song by The Hollies. It reached No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 in September 1972. The song is different from most other Hollies songs in that there are no three-part vocal harmonies, and the song features lead guitar and lead vocal work by Allan Clarke. The song was written initially in the country/rockabilly style then adapted over recording more to the swamp rock style of Creedence Clearwater Revival, in terms of the vocal, rhythm, and melodic style. Clarke imitated John Fogerty's vocal style, which was based on the Creedence song "Green River". According to Clarke, the song was written "in about five minutes". My take, Fender Telecaster, mixture of Mixcraft Heavy Metal Drum kit and MT Drum kit, JP-90 Bass. Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/outteh/long-coo ... ck-dress
comedians

Re: Long Cool Women In A Black Dress - The Hollies

Post by comedians »

Not heard this before & I did rate the band met Bobby Ellliot for drinks on a few occasions, perhaps never released in the UK.
Like it though, well done Tom.
outteh

Re: Long Cool Women In A Black Dress - The Hollies

Post by outteh »

comedians wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:56 pm Not heard this before & I did rate the band met Bobby Ellliot for drinks on a few occasions, perhaps never released in the UK.
Like it though, well done Tom.
You knew the band personally! Wow! They are a fantastic group, still together today part of the great British Invasion into R&R! :D