new user, new composition

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

vki

new user, new composition

Post by vki »

Hi guys
I am scared! to put my music up I mean! I have been using Mixcraft for about 10 years now, whenever I can and it is getting quite complicated - like the more you know, the less you know- if you know what I mean. I am getting quite old now, and I am not that technical. I hear orchestral stuff in my head, and I was brought up with a classical background and I know what a real live orchestra sounds like. Mixcraft comes pretty close to the sounds I remember from live orchestral days, so I like to create that way. I am by no means a great musician, but have always had a bit of a tune in my head . I would love your input on this track, and if anyone can point me in the direction of mixing it correctly or see where I can improve on the sound in any way I would so value that.
Here is the Soundcloud link
https://soundcloud.com/igneouspig/a-new-african-dawn
Create your way :D
cactus-head

Re: new user, new composition

Post by cactus-head »

Nice, very interesting.

The Sax, is a little thin to my taste and sounds like a synth. If you don't have a different instrument you can mess around with the eq on that. If you're not real comfortable or used to using EQ, there's an easy kinda "try things out" EQ that comes with mixcraft:

TB EZQ Equalizer.

Just move the target around on the grid towards Tinny, Bright, Warm and Dark for a quick idea of some tonal changes.

If you are just using mixcraft instruments, try a different one.