Anyone into hip hop mixtapes?

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

cselectah

Anyone into hip hop mixtapes?

Post by cselectah »

I'm curious... Anyone out there using Mixcraft to beatmatch/mix/blend hiphop/r&b/etc mixtapes? I was thinking about posting some stuff on mixcraftlive, but I'm not sure if anyone around here is interested in that sort of thing.
cselectah

Re: Anyone into hip hop mixtapes?

Post by cselectah »

Seriously? Nobody out there is interested in mixtapes, hip hop or similar genre?
MusicMeister

Post by MusicMeister »

Yea sure I'll take a listen! Just as sort of pre-questions...

How do you make your beats (all from within mixcraft) ?
Are there any loops? (if you do then it's not REALLY your work, unless you're talking remixes)
Did you use any beat machines?

And if you like to make a lot of beats, hopefully they each sound unique and different, unlike the mainstream rap/hip-hop songs of today.

P.S. You should post your songs anyways, since you never know when someone might take a listen!
cselectah

Post by cselectah »

MusicMeister wrote:Yea sure I'll take a listen! Just as sort of pre-questions...

How do you make your beats (all from within mixcraft) ?
Are there any loops? (if you do then it's not REALLY your work, unless you're talking remixes)
Did you use any beat machines?

And if you like to make a lot of beats, hopefully they each sound unique and different, unlike the mainstream rap/hip-hop songs of today.

P.S. You should post your songs anyways, since you never know when someone might take a listen!
Mostly what I'm into now are mixtapes of tracks from artists that I think have something to say with tight productions. I am still a 100% no-skill amature in writing my own tracks. I love mixes by big name folks like J. Rocc, Premier, Evil Dee, Babu, et al, and small time folks like Pipomixes, and everything in between. It's just lots of beat matching and trick mixing that I like. I don't have the skills just yet to make my own tracks except through sampling, and they aren't worth listening to.
MusicMeister

Post by MusicMeister »

so are you going to post your tracks or not...? I would really like to hear them.
Tiasdad

Post by Tiasdad »

I don't mind a bit of hip hop / r&b mixing but I prefer it when an older song is mixed in DJ Prince style.
Gary
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” ― Frank Zappa
My Soundcloud