Does new Mixcraft 9 now work with Komplete S61 features?

Use this forum to discuss preamps, guitars, microphones, mixers, drums, turntables, keyboards and recording equipment in general.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

dathyr1

Does new Mixcraft 9 now work with Komplete S61 features?

Post by dathyr1 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:23 pm

Hi,

I dont see much mention about Mixcraft 9 working with Native Instruments Komplete keyboard products such as the S61 and provide complete NKS control.

So I thought I would ask again, Besides just the normal midi keyboard control, Can Mixcraft 9 be setup and use more of the features of the Komplete s61 such as track control, adjusting volumes, etc. Does Mixcraft 9 work with the NKS scripts.

Seems many of the other DAW's now provide NKS control. Just thought I would ask. Currently I dont have a Komplete keyboard.

I do have Maschine studio hardware and software but have not tried to use it with Mixcraft 9.

thank you for any info,
Dave

Acoustica Greg

Re: Does new Mixcraft 9 now work with Komplete S61 features?

Post by Acoustica Greg » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:45 pm

Hi,

No, we didn't add NKS support. We still support MIDI control, Mackie Control and the button controllers listed under Control Surface preferences.

I would think you should be able to use MIDI learn to map some or all of those controls.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Give it a try here: http://acoustica.com/mixcraft/
Check out our Mixcraft University video tutorials.

dathyr1

Re: Does new Mixcraft 9 now work with Komplete S61 features?

Post by dathyr1 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:59 pm

Thanks Greg for your reply and information.

I am still in debate whether to even get a NKS keyboard which they do look interesting what they do. Since I do have a Maschine Studio and Maschine JAM, Studio is the same type of device with similar features minus a keyboard capability to play.

I do have a smaller Akai controller 2 octave keyboard which I can setup the 12 controller knobs to do various things with Acoustica 9 and my main 61 key Triton sampler keyboard. Plus I do have a couple other types a midi controllers with foot pedals and a midi guitar which is a blast to play.

Thanks again and back to more exploring of Acoustica 9 features.

Dave