Vmeter

Use this forum to discuss preamps, guitars, microphones, mixers, drums, turntables, keyboards and recording equipment in general.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

chibear

Vmeter

Post by chibear »

A little background: As my VSTs become more complicated (and I become more anal retentive) I'm finding it more difficult inputting decent CC#11 messages, especially gradual curves. I've tried reprogramming a knob on my Oxygen 8, the Modwheel and slider on the Oxygen 8, and inputting the data manually in the piano roll (thus my MANY request for curves and/or automation lanes for the same).

Someone suggested I try the Vmeter. Well on holidays now but had one shipped to my stepson's to avoid duty. I've played with it now on the laptop a bit and it seems like it might be very helpful as you get a visual readout over a 6" span as to what the approximate value (0-127) you're inputtting.

It was a bit wonky to program it to output CC11 as you need to download another program and file to do so but once you get to it the interface is pretty intuitive as long as you take a minute to read everything.

Edit: Just tried it with Mx7 b232 ob my laptop & works fine :D

Working on my DAW on Mx7 b233 it works fine. However I could use more throw or the ability to program the start value at 60 for instance so that over the 6" I'd cover the values of 60-127 for CC#11. I'll contact the developer on that.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube