Which keyboard to buy?

Use this forum to discuss preamps, guitars, microphones, mixers, drums, turntables, keyboards and recording equipment in general.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

reesy

Which keyboard to buy?

Post by reesy »

Hello all, and thank you in advance. Really sorry but all this stuff is new to me, (not even sure I'm posting in the correct place)?. My 12 year old son plays keyboard and has asked me for midi keyboard for Christmas ( he enjoys making music which he currently does on his phone/ ipad) but is also having keyboard lessons in school using a 61 key keyboard so would like to keep it at 61 keys. Have narrowed it down to 3 that are in my price range and would like any info/help on which would be the best option!
1- alesis qx61
2- m - audio oxygen 61 v4
3- novation launchkey 61

He has a pc running windows 7 core duo 2 4gb ram, not sure if they need a certain spec?

Once again any help would be great and if I have posted in wrong place, if someone could please let me know,
Thank you.
Reesy.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Which keyboard to buy?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

All three of those should work just fine with Mixcraft. Maybe go through some online reviews and see if they tip you one way or another.

Greg
reesy

Post by reesy »

Hi Greg,
Thanks for the reply, will browse through some sites and read reviews on each and see where I go from there.
Thanks Reesy!!
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

I have the Aleis Q49 & never had any problems whatsoever(knock on wood) but the QX61 has quite a few bad reviews.

I also have M-Audio gear & they're support/customer service sucks.

that leaves the Novation..

no matter what you buy, do someone like Musician's Friend w/ a 2 year no hassle return/replace warranty for the extra $10. it's worth it's weight in the return shipping alone. :wink: