Finally bought a pair of monitors after only, oh, maybe 20+ years

Use this forum to discuss preamps, guitars, microphones, mixers, drums, turntables, keyboards and recording equipment in general.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

msdos622wasfun

Finally bought a pair of monitors after only, oh, maybe 20+ years

Post by msdos622wasfun »

Hi everyone,

So I've been a hobbyist since the late '80s, and started getting more serious in the '90s with an Alesis QS7 synthesizer, and then into DAWs and VSTs as of late.

But what I always did, for the most part, was just use headphones whenever I was working on a project. Not that that's all bad -- I mean, right now I have a good pair of Sennheisers.

But FINALLY about a week ago I ordered a pair of Behringer MS20's. And man, was I missing out. For the money, these things sound so good, and I'm no longer tethered to the headphones. I've started working on a new track, and it makes such a big difference and makes the experience that much more enjoyable.

I'm sure there are "better" monitors out there, but at this price point it had the features I wanted.

Oh well. Just wanted to share my joy with y'all. :D
Behringer MS20.jpg
Behringer MS20.jpg (273.82 KiB) Viewed 4824 times
gypsy101

Re: Finally bought a pair of monitors after only, oh, maybe 20+ years

Post by gypsy101 »

do they sound "good" or accurate? 8)
msdos622wasfun

Post by msdos622wasfun »

Heh. Hard to say I guess. Before I made the purchase I was researching the topic and read a lot about what to look for, but then I also came across discussions where people were disagreeing as well (especially with regards to the notion of "accuracy"). Seems like yet another part of music production that has a gray area. I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me would be able to shed more light onto this. What it amounts to is I'm happy with the sound that is coming out of them, and they were affordable. :)
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

msdos622wasfun wrote: What it amounts to is I'm happy with the sound that is coming out of them, and they were affordable. :)
that's what really matters. that,& durability. I've heard some bad things about the Behringer construction on their monitors-that they don't last long.
msdos622wasfun

Post by msdos622wasfun »

Correct, in my research I read mostly positive things about Behringer, but also a few criticisms as well, regarding quality like you mentioned. But for me, so far so good -- they seem well-built and look and feel like they'll last a long time. We shall see.