Na/iD!

Use this forum to discuss preamps, guitars, microphones, mixers, drums, turntables, keyboards and recording equipment in general.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Rolling Estonian

Na/iD!

Post by Rolling Estonian »

New Audio Interface Day!

Worked some overtime recently and decided to splurge a bit on a new A/I. Was using a 6 year old Line 6 UX2 which was okay but I decided to upgrade a bit.

Went with the Audient id14 and am very happy. The preamps are awesome and the D/I has what I would call a tube like quality. I can get latency down to 2.47ms, it has independent gain control, a large knob with 'scroll control' (if your mouse wheel works in any vsti or plugin you can use the wheel to control the parameter by putting mouse arrow over it and using knob). Hoping MC8 will have scroll wheel control, I think I've heard that before :mrgreen: ....... The software is very intuitive and functional, much better than the Line 6. It also has an extra 8 channels with ADAT, which I'll be using in the near future.

https://audient.com/products/id14

Overall, very impressed and sort of surprised that it's not more expensive than it is.

Just thought I'd throw a basic review out there from a satisfied customer.

M
Mark Bliss

Re: Na/iD!

Post by Mark Bliss »

Those are pretty interesting units with attractive features for the price point. I have been looking with interest at the DSP mixer feature.
Good preamp and converter circuits, a lot of emphasis on audio quality.
Be aware, the phantom power is disabled when the unit is USB bus powered. You need to use the power supply when using a phantom powered mic.

I am excited about the next wave of interface technology. The future of this aspect of the home/small studio is looking very good!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Rolling Estonian

Re: Na/iD!

Post by Rolling Estonian »

It's a really nice unit. The preamps are really nice, very quiet. The JFET DI adds just a touch of flavor and the software is really intuitive and versatile. Love the fact that it has an 8 channel ADAT input so that when the time comes I can add on with minimal pain. lol. And the 'scroll control' is handy too.

This being Audient's first foray into the consumer market I think the price is lower than it should be to generate interest. Wouldn't be surprised to see it go up in price with following units.

I'm really happy with it and glad that I went with it over others that were close to it in price. It's definitely better sounding than my old Line 6 UX2, and again, the software is top notch.

M