Control Surfaces

Use this forum to discuss preamps, guitars, microphones, mixers, drums, turntables, keyboards and recording equipment in general.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ThePM

Control Surfaces

Post by ThePM »

I've just upgraded to Mixcraft 8 - which is fantastic. Was thinking of investing in a control surface and wondered if anyone can tell me if these options work well with Mixcraft and have any experiences to share in using them?

The options I'm considereing are:
iCon Qcon Pro X
iCon Qcon Pro USB
Behringer X-Touch Universal Control Surface
Presonus Faderport 8

All comments gratefully received.
clowquill

Re: Control Surfaces

Post by clowquill »

Hi,
Did you get around to purchasing one of these yet? I was looking at the same options and was planning on the QCon pro X. I know the X touch has no midi learn ability and a lot of the features won't work with Mixcraft. The QCon seems to be the most versatile if you aren't using Pro Tools or Cubase. Let me know what you think. :)

Justin
djdude199

Post by djdude199 »

*bump*

Looking for a control surface, do any of those listed above work fully? (e.g. controlling parameters in virtual instruments, full automation of the software) Any to avoid? I can get other things to make my transport work! Please advise!
Thanks!
DJ
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I don't know about the Presonus Faderport, but the iCon units and the Behringer unit should work.

I don't know if any of those units would provide multi-track recording capability, unless you had an additional audio interface that comes with its own ASIO drivers. It depends on what you need.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Tapper Mike2

Post by Tapper Mike2 »

I would strongly suggest Launchpad Pro.

LP Pro is fully supported in Mixcraft 8 and it takes up very little real estate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lru1LDtgPNA&t=1s