MIDI controllers - some newbie advice

Use this forum to discuss preamps, guitars, microphones, mixers, drums, turntables, keyboards and recording equipment in general.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

PazzaC

MIDI controllers - some newbie advice

Post by PazzaC »

Morning everyone.

I am intending to purchase Mixcraft 8 and was wondering if anyone here had some recommendations for a MIDI controller keyboard that works well with Acosutica's DAW.
Someone has suggested that M-Audio's Axiom Air Mini 32 Key USB Controller would be a sensible choice:
http://www.gear4music.com/Keyboards-and ... 1#full-des
Can anyone verify it's compatibility with Mixcraft, or offer other better alternatives, please?

Thanks
Pazza.
AHornsby

Re: MIDI controllers - some newbie advice

Post by AHornsby »

Isn't the M-Audio group going through a restructuring and Windows compatibility crisis right now? It seems like there wee some previous posts relative to that.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I think the concerns with M-Audio were more with their old Fast Track USB audio interface line.

The M-Audio's Axiom Air Mini 32 should work just fine with Mixcraft.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
mick

Post by mick »

As Greg and AHornsby mentions regarding M Audio interface I got this and had a tough time with the drivers not working in windows 7, works fine with win 10.
2x2.PNG
2x2.PNG (199.13 KiB) Viewed 4652 times
My Nekter LX 61 works fine with Mixcraft and responds to midi learn. http://www.nektartech.com/products.html