Yamaha PSR-S975 - What am I doing wrong?

Use this forum to discuss preamps, guitars, microphones, mixers, drums, turntables, keyboards and recording equipment in general.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jlouvar

Re: Yamaha PSR-S975 - What am I doing wrong?

Post by jlouvar »

Hopefully you got it working Chief?
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
The_Chief

Post by The_Chief »

I know you think I abandoned you folks without any closure, but a fine Navy Chief wouldn't do that! I won't go into the sad litany of what has caused this delay & absence (example: motherboard died, wrong replacement shipped, wait wait wait) but I assure you - I'm working diligently to clear my schedule and get BACK to the problem I was having. I WILL return!

So will a bad check, but hopefully my return won't be that bad...

Thank you for your patience!
The_Chief

Post by The_Chief »

Happy Labor Day, folks! And guess what? I've been laboring!

Yes, I finally got the PC up & running again; the FocusRite 4i4 is installed and connected; the Yamaha audio out is actually going out; and Mixcraft 8 is recording it! Getting them all to cooperate is a delicate ballet of the various control panels, settings and preferences (with the bewildering requirement to select Speakers as output and not Optical Audio, even though the optical audio cable is the only cable to the speakers) - but at least I'm at the point where I can select the various voices and effects on the Yamaha and record them in Mixcraft!

So far, so good - and it appears that the USB-C cable from the Focusrite is carrying audio as well. I had some noise and disconnected the audio cables... and still got audio to the mixer! So there's that.

Thanks to all for your help, and I hope to be able to check in after a couple of weeks to let you know that everything is running smoothly!

:D :D :D
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Awesome, that's good news... Have a fantastic Labor Day. Cheers 8) :D
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar