MX9 - mixer or replace AI opinions

Use this forum to discuss preamps, guitars, microphones, mixers, drums, turntables, keyboards and recording equipment in general.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

MikeDVI

Re: MX9 - mixer or replace AI opinions

Post by MikeDVI »

OK, 32 ins and motorized. I see that in the panel zoom views online. I had a Yamaha AW4416 years ago with motorized faders, was cool for memorizing mix settings and adjustments on the fly. Now we have the automation curves in MX of course. I suppose another possibility is a second larger (IE 32"+) monitor and stick with a MIDI controller with MX's mixer. So many options. I still remember my first 4 track cassette portastudio...!!!

GovernmentMule - interesting option, looking at this now also!

Seriously, I appreciate the replies and ideas! Now for the scary part - no trashing intended or implied here --- "Behringer" :shock: . Although in fairness I have had decent luck with some of their stuff in the past.

Mike
MX10.5 Pro Studio B 586. Presonus 1818vsl AI, Dell XPS 8930 Core I9-9900 3.10 GHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 64-GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 2060, 1 and 2 TB SSD’s + 1 and 2 TB spinner sata’s, cookies and coffee.
GovernmentMule

Re: MX9 - mixer or replace AI opinions

Post by GovernmentMule »

MikeDVI wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:51 pm
GovernmentMule - interesting option, looking at this now also!

Seriously, I appreciate the replies and ideas! Now for the scary part - no trashing intended or implied here --- "Behringer" :shock: . Although in fairness I have had decent luck with some of their stuff in the past.

Mike
Yes, Behringer did have an awful quality control problem back in the day but they have upped their game in the last decade. I think they are a godsend for the music hobbyist with their pricing and availability of products now.

I bought a Mackie MCU controller before the X-Touch came out. But I'm seriously considering selling it and buying an X-Touch so I can have a setup like in this video so I can control my DAW and the XR18 together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjM2qlulD-4