Novation Launchkey 49 MK2 issues with Mixcraft 9

Use this forum to discuss preamps, guitars, microphones, mixers, drums, turntables, keyboards and recording equipment in general.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ThePhilMor74

Novation Launchkey 49 MK2 issues with Mixcraft 9

Post by ThePhilMor74 »

Not sure if this should possibly be in the Mixcraft forum, but have been researching and troubleshooting for a while now, so decided to mine here for info.

Using a Novation Launchkey 49 MK2 as my controller and upgraded from Mixcraft 8 to 9.

This controller has an "InControl" feature that allows you to toggle between functionality on the keyboard's knobs and sliders. For instance, I could use a controller knob to control the cutoff on a virtual synth, or use the sliders as drawbars on a VST organ, then switch to "InControl" mode and instantly use the knobs and sliders as controls for the mixer for lowering/raising volume levels, panning, etc.

Since the upgrade to MC9, it seems this is no longer the case. The buttons to signal that you're in "InControl" mode on the Launchkey no longer even light up - as if they're not receiving a signal when I try to switch to that mode - and using the knobs and sliders to control a VST is now a very manual process that usually involves a lot of remapping or else I might go to make a change on a synth and accidentally pan my track 3 all the way to the right.

Just curious if anyone else had come across this issue with the upgrade and this particular controller, or am I just not setting up my Midi preferences correctly since I switched to MC9? If so, could someone possibly post a screenshot of how their preferences are set?

Or could there possibly be an issue with my controller? The only change it's really been subject to is the software change...no other issues or any kind of possible damage or stress. (And yes I've tried unplugging it and plugging it back in.) :lol:

Sorry for the lengthy, noobish question. Thanks.
jlouvar

Re: Novation Launchkey 49 MK2 issues with Mixcraft 9

Post by jlouvar »

ThePhilMor74 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:08 am Not sure if this should possibly be in the Mixcraft forum, but have been researching and troubleshooting for a while now, so decided to mine here for info.

Using a Novation Launchkey 49 MK2 as my controller and upgraded from Mixcraft 8 to 9.

This controller has an "InControl" feature that allows you to toggle between functionality on the keyboard's knobs and sliders. For instance, I could use a controller knob to control the cutoff on a virtual synth, or use the sliders as drawbars on a VST organ, then switch to "InControl" mode and instantly use the knobs and sliders as controls for the mixer for lowering/raising volume levels, panning, etc.

Since the upgrade to MC9, it seems this is no longer the case. The buttons to signal that you're in "InControl" mode on the Launchkey no longer even light up - as if they're not receiving a signal when I try to switch to that mode - and using the knobs and sliders to control a VST is now a very manual process that usually involves a lot of remapping or else I might go to make a change on a synth and accidentally pan my track 3 all the way to the right.

Just curious if anyone else had come across this issue with the upgrade and this particular controller, or am I just not setting up my Midi preferences correctly since I switched to MC9? If so, could someone possibly post a screenshot of how their preferences are set?

Or could there possibly be an issue with my controller? The only change it's really been subject to is the software change...no other issues or any kind of possible damage or stress. (And yes I've tried unplugging it and plugging it back in.) :lol:

Sorry for the lengthy, noobish question. Thanks.
Hello and welcome to the Acoustica forums.

I think you should post this on the Mixcraft forum because you’ll get more replies there. Just to be clear.... It all worked okay with MX8 and only stopped working okay after upgrading to MX9?
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
ThePhilMor74

Post by ThePhilMor74 »

Correct. There was still plenty of mapping involved for each individual VST, but now with MC9 there's no way to toggle between the two modes to separate between VST control and mixer controls.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Okay, if all of your Mixcraft settings are the same in MX9 as they were in MX8 it sounds like it could be a Mixcraft 9 bug... So I recommend reposting this on the Mixcraft forum so Acoustica Greg sees it.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

I'm locking this topic, since there's a duplicate now over here.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101