HD Audio Cable Problem.

Use this forum to discuss preamps, guitars, microphones, mixers, drums, turntables, keyboards and recording equipment in general.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Mist001

HD Audio Cable Problem.

Post by Mist001 »

Hi. My soundcard is a Soundblaster Audigy RX/5 and I have a front panel on my PC case with jacks for headphones and mic. I have it connected but I'm trying to solve a slight problem with it, so would like to buy a high quality shielded internal HD audio cable to connect from my soundcard to the front panel but............

I need a female to female HD audio cable and I'm having a problem finding one. There don't seem to be any available on Amazon, which is strange. There are plenty of Male To Female HD audio cables with pins at one end and a connector at the other but none with the connector at both ends.

My sound card isn't unique and neither is the fact that I have a front panel, so I don't understand why I'm having so much difficulty in finding a good quality replacement cable.

Can anybody help with suggestions, or point me in the right direction?

Cheers.
Windows 10 64bit, Asus Prime B550 m-a, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 16Gb 3200 ram, 2 x M2 SSD.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, Donner DMK-25 Midi keyboard.
jlouvar

Re: HD Audio Cable Problem.

Post by jlouvar »

I highly recommend getting a good external audio interface instead of using a sound card with Mixcraft.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Mist001

Re: HD Audio Cable Problem.

Post by Mist001 »

Well, I eventually found one place that sold custom cables so I got one. I didn't bother with a good external audio interface because a sound card is fine for making demos. All I want is clean sound coming from my headphones, hence trying a good, shielded cable. My speakers are fine.

Thanks anyway.
Windows 10 64bit, Asus Prime B550 m-a, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 16Gb 3200 ram, 2 x M2 SSD.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, Donner DMK-25 Midi keyboard.