microKORG connection issues

Use this forum to discuss preamps, guitars, microphones, mixers, drums, turntables, keyboards and recording equipment in general.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

mxrymac

microKORG connection issues

Post by mxrymac »

I struggled with this for 4 hours yesterday trying to use my microKORG as a MIDI keyboard for Mixcraft 9, but despite everything being plugged in correctly (I used a MIDI IN/OUT to USB cable) nothing in Mixcraft will respond to the keyboard or nobs. I've tried the MIDI learn function and it tells me that the MIDI device is plugged in and working, but nothing responds to my microKORG whatsoever. Am I missing something? arming it for recording doesnt seem to register responses from my MK either.
Acoustica Greg

Re: microKORG connection issues

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Did you install the Korg USB MIDI driver?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Korg had a big issue with their keyboard drivers and put out a new one a while ago.

https://www.korg.com/us/support/downloa ... /285/3541/

M
Drdish007

Post by Drdish007 »

Hi,
Also check your MIDI channel settings.
- Myran
Mixcraft 10.5Pro596, Win. 10 64Bit, Intel i5 @ 3.20GHz, ssd 250GB(os),1TB hdd(library audio),1TB hdd (recorded audio),Nvidia GeForce1050i video,16GB RAM,Focusrite 18I20 3rd gen usb,Motu 5 ch.midi interface, D5,U220,Keystation88,B4000+,Leslie,Rhodes73mk1