Presonus Quantium 2626

Use this forum to discuss preamps, guitars, microphones, mixers, drums, turntables, keyboards and recording equipment in general.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Brendond

Presonus Quantium 2626

Post by Brendond »

Anyone havwe experience with this new unit which I've just purchased. So far so good but unclear with Mixcraft what are the ideal interface settings. Doesn't accept Exclusive mode under WaveRT and latency setting is greyed out otherwise. Mixcraft options seem to limit to 48k. Obviously they push their own Studio One software which comes with it but I've been with Mixcraft since version 5 so keen to make the combination work as well as possible. The multi track aspects work fine but not sure I'm taking full advantage of the low latency the Thunderbolt 3 interface should be producing when monitoring a track on record. Default Mixcraft seetting seems to be 20ms when 2626 is capable of around 2ms.
Drdish007

Re: Presonus Quantium 2626

Post by Drdish007 »

Hi,
Try using the interface in ASIO . That should give you more options, and better latency.
- Myran
Mixcraft9RS(469)64Bit, Win. 10 64Bit, Intel i5 @ 3.20GHz, ssd 250GB(os),1TB hdd(library audio),1TB hdd (recorded audio),Nvidia GeForce1050i video,16GB RAM,Focusrite 18I20 2nd gen usb,Motu 5 ch.midi interface, D5,U220,Keystation88,B4000+,Leslie,Rhodes73mk1
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Not trying to be smart alecky but did you download the drivers? Also need to go into windows sound preferences and make sure everything matches with the unit ie 24bit 44.100Hz

M
Brendond

Post by Brendond »

Thanks - problem solved. Mixcraft defaults to WaveRT option for Quantum and this works apart from latency. Mixcraft manual implies in general this (WaveRT) is "best" option but suspect as manual refers to Windows Vista this section may well be out of date. Minimum latency on WaveRT seems locked at 20ms. ASIO driver installed as part of Presonus Univeral Control is far better option and latency down now to 2.9ms according to Mixcraft. Very pleased and thanks for advice.