Windows Networking Rant

Use this forum to discuss preamps, guitars, microphones, mixers, drums, turntables, keyboards and recording equipment in general.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jwarv

Windows Networking Rant

Post by jwarv »

Is it just me or is Windows networking the worst thing ever? I've never had any lasting success with it. It's inconsistent, unreliable, unnecessarily complicated and any troubleshooting leads nowhere. Aaaaargh! :evil:

Ah, that feels better. Thanks.
freightgod

Re: Windows Networking Rant

Post by freightgod »

Ha. Windows networking doth indeed suck it.
comedians

Post by comedians »

Well for me I have to disagree, I five PC on the network and had no issue in the past few years, even through the updates. Matters not if you are using Home or Pro as I have two using home although is much more configurable.
MikaB

Post by MikaB »

IMHO, most of the stuff on Windows networks seems to spend most of the time trying to hide from the other stuff :) ...
Ohne Musik wäre das Leben ein Irrtum.
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

comedians wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:47 pm Well for me I have to disagree, I five PC on the network and had no issue in the past few years, even through the updates. Matters not if you are using Home or Pro as I have two using home although is much more configurable.
Can I network with yours?