Mixcraft 10ch Monitor Setup. Awesome sound!!!

Post any tips and tricks you've discovered for using Acoustica software here.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

SirLanceALot

Mixcraft 10ch Monitor Setup. Awesome sound!!!

Post by SirLanceALot »

I'm using Mixcraft and it's libraries with a 10Ch interface and 10 monitors. The sound sitting at the keyboard is absolutely astounding!!!! I've armed all the tracks (like when recording) and I'm doing this live from one keyboard at the moment. Tracks are routed to separate Output Bus tracks, and each out bus track is routed to a different monitor pair, in the mixer. Basically I'm using the Mixcraft Libraries as my sound sources, routed to a live 10ch setup.
You can't get this sound from just left and right speakers! Now if I can just figure out how to do this on a much larger scale, live on the big stage, then I'll take it on the road.
My favorite setup is basically Pianissimo going to my large side monitors, out of view, and different strings routed to the other speakers. Violins/Violas to the small guys, & Basses and Cellos routed to the soundbar/sub under the 6 monitors.
The biggie is not what hardware you're using, but the separation of all the sounds to their own speaker. Love It!!!
SirLanceALot's 10ch Setup
SirLanceALot's 10ch Setup
SirLanceALot_Mixcraft10chsetupC.jpg (41.41 KiB) Viewed 3273 times
[attachment=0]
Lance
Mixcraft user since Ver 1or2 (when it still fit on a floppy or 2)
chibear

Re: Mixcraft 10ch Monitor Setup. Awesome sound!!!

Post by chibear »

:shock: Oh my wife would just love that. :mrgreen:
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
SirLanceALot

Re: Mixcraft 10ch Monitor Setup. Awesome sound!!!

Post by SirLanceALot »

Chibear, my wife wants everything out of view! So it’s off in my mancave.
Lance
Mixcraft user since Ver 1or2 (when it still fit on a floppy or 2)