Some suggested improvments for real live dj'ing

Discuss the easiest dj mixing software on the planet. :) Well, we think it is..so there. :)

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric

stevenbutt

Some suggested improvments for real live dj'ing

Post by stevenbutt »

Hi guys. I also have to say thanks for your program. I am a simple guy who doesn't need all the confusing djing software. Your program is simple to use and works great while djing parties. The one thing I would like to see is a drag and drop option. currently you have to check the box for the song to be loaded into the play section. The problem is that it loads at the bottom of the list and then you have to manually move it to the place you want it played. Drop and drag from the search panel to the play panel would be great.

Even more valuable would be the ability for the program to use more than 1 sound card. For example if the search panel used a seperate sound card from the play panel I would be able to review the song while not interupting my playlist song. See if that's something that can be done. I realize the program may not have been developed for live djing, but it works really well! See what you can do..

Thanks again, Steve
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You can drag and drop songs directly from Windows into DJ Twist & Burn, but the songs do show up at the end of the song list that way, too.

We're probably not going to be making any significant updates to DJ Twist & Burn. It's what you would call a legacy product that this point. We're concentrating our efforts on some of our other projects, like Mixcraft.

We've considered making real time DJ software, but there didn't seem to be enough demand for it.

Greg
soultime

Post by soultime »

hi greg,

how can you say there is not enough demand for real-time dj software? there's more of a market for that than there is for yet another budget DAW. everyman and his dog has a collection of mp3s they're trying to manage and twist and burn was the best and most original of the bunch when it came to mixing them. 2 years later twist and burn is still the best dj software available while mixcraft wasn't even in the running when i was upgrading my DAW.

the main reason for not considering mixcraft was i had already bought one of your products that's never been supported. why take the risk on buying another?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Ha! Good question. Well, I suppose that's the chance you take with any software product you buy. I do have to say that we're very committed to developing and improving Mixcraft at this time, although it is not primarily designed for live DJs, of course.

Greg