Is there any way I could....

Discuss the easiest dj mixing software on the planet. :) Well, we think it is..so there. :)

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric

Brendan

Is there any way I could....

Post by Brendan »

remove the music or filter it until there is little to none music in the background so remains acapella? can i do this with dj twist and burn?

i saw the page two hours ago and do not understand. I don't see a VST Extraboy Plugin that you said could make acapella.

If i'm wrong please clarify me, im not sure...?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Load a song into DJ Twist & Burn's song list, then right-click on it, select Effects and then one of the three Vocal Removal effects. If it doesn't work with any of the vocal removal settings, try a different song.

Whether it works or not depends on how the song was mixed. Vocal removal tends to work better on older songs.

Greg
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Removing the music and leaving nothing but vocals is near impossible because all the tracks have been mixed down to two stereo tracks and if you remove a frequency to try lower an instrument, it will also affect the vocal.
There is a tutorial on youtube but you need a version of the song without vocals along with the normal version, which most songs do not have.