Removing words from mp3 files.

Discuss the easiest dj mixing software on the planet. :) Well, we think it is..so there. :)

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric

Radaral

Removing words from mp3 files.

Post by Radaral »

Is there a tutorial on how to use this program? I download it and plan to buy it because I want to remove the words from songs so I can ungrade them. I collect unreleased songs and I want to fix them up so they sound better. But first I have to remove the words. But I'll need to have the words saved someplace so I can put them back on the song once I fix them up.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you find a program that can do that, let us know.

Vocal removal as we know it is a much messier process. With most songs I've tried, the most you can do is reduce the volume of the vocals. You can also attempt to isolate the vocals, but they usually sound tinny after you do this.

The problem is that you are dealing with a bunch of sound frequencies all mixed together and the vocal removal will only be successful if the vocal frequencies are distinct enough from the instrumental frequencies.

In DJ Twist and Burn, it's pretty simple, you just load up the song, right-click on it, select Effects and then one of the three vocal removal options. If one option doesn't work, try another. If it's not working on a particular song, try a different song.

Greg
lara44

Post by lara44 »

There is no way to remove the vocals 100% successfully. The vocal frequency that are similar to music frequency will get mixed with music as one, that cannot be removed. But frequencies that are in different ranges can be seperated. I found FlexiMusic Wave Editor in which you can use Band Pass/Stop Filter. It may help.
bridabom73

Post by bridabom73 »

Thanks. This is the first topic that I saw that actually told you how to remove the vocals. I checked the effects, and at first I didn't see it. Without me seeing this, I probably wouldn't have found out how. I like how sometimes there's no vocals, and sometimes its very faint. Its funny.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

It all depends on how the song is mixed.

On old songs, the vocals are often in the center (not left or right) and that usually makes for good vocal removal.