Present for Mixcraft user

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

mudrnudl

Present for Mixcraft user

Post by mudrnudl »

Hello,
I was thinking of a gift for my father who is working with Mixcraft Pro Studio 6. I though it would be good idea to purchase a plugin. He is hobby-kind of song-writer who likes to compose from time to time. He is always using mixcraft interface (never recording a guitar or something). He likes to compose modern pop songs (so kind of house, alternative) and he never finishes his songs at home - when he has a good song he goes to some studio to record vocals and finish it there. What I know he is crazy in hi-res stuff - like 24 bit instead of 16 and o on... What would you consider as a good gift for him? He has many things already so feel free to give more than just one hint.
I was also thinking of hardware purchase because he is using only mouse and some m-audio keyboard. Is there anything what would simplified his work?
Thanks in advance!
davefk

Re: Present for Mixcraft user

Post by davefk »

mudrnudl wrote:Hello,
I was thinking of a gift for my father who is working with Mixcraft Pro Studio 6. I though it would be good idea to purchase a plugin. He is hobby-kind of song-writer who likes to compose from time to time. He is always using mixcraft interface (never recording a guitar or something). He likes to compose modern pop songs (so kind of house, alternative) and he never finishes his songs at home - when he has a good song he goes to some studio to record vocals and finish it there. What I know he is crazy in hi-res stuff - like 24 bit instead of 16 and o on... What would you consider as a good gift for him? He has many things already so feel free to give more than just one hint.
I was also thinking of hardware purchase because he is using only mouse and some m-audio keyboard. Is there anything what would simplified his work?
Thanks in advance!
Does he do any singing? If so, consider buying him a new interface such as the brilliant Scarlett Studio
mudrnudl

Post by mudrnudl »

Nope. He does not sing.
But thank you very much - maybe in the future he would be interested in recording vocals (not his own) at home and looks like a great option!
songsmith1950

Post by songsmith1950 »

How does he use Mixcraft? Does he use a keyboard and soft synths? If we knew the mechanisms and mechanics he uses in recording at home perhaps we could give you some better ideas.
When he records, what does he put on his tracks?
If you will answer that I am sure we will flood you with ideas,

Songsmith
Songbird Hill
Tascam US1800, Presonus 44VSL, M Audio Fast Track USB
Mixcraft Studio 6, Cakewalk Sonar X2a, Studio One Professional, ver 2.5
guitars and keys
PC I7, 750 GB, Firewire and USB 3, Win 7
Asus VivoTab, full Windows 8, 64 Gig
If it sounds good it IS good!
chibear

Post by chibear »

It might help to know what he already has also. For instance does he have Kontakt?
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

I don't know about vsts but for vocal work a good mic & tube preamp never hurt.