Another Amp Sim

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

CRAZY6STRINGS

Another Amp Sim

Post by CRAZY6STRINGS »

Just found the WagnerSharp Amp Sim.....its a very simple looking amp, meaning just your basic controls.

It seems to me, that many amp sims are very shrill. Having to make extreme tone adjustments...

The Wagner's controls have a real feel to them in that it doesn't take a lot of manipulation to change the tone or overdrive.

I found it on KVAudio
GovernmentMule

Re: Another Amp Sim

Post by GovernmentMule »

Going to give this one a try. Found this video on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RDnapWIm2Y

I read somewhere it sounds better with a cab simulator inserted afterwards
CRAZY6STRINGS

Post by CRAZY6STRINGS »

I'd be interested in your opinion..

But try it right out of the box...I was pretty happy with what I got...and I am curious to spend more time with it.
I think I'll try it thru Guitar Rig and use one of its cabs...
GovernmentMule

Post by GovernmentMule »

I just got done playing around with this amp sim. It's not bad. By itself it wasn't nothing special. I do agree with you about the feel of the buttons. I then ran it through Amplitube 3 and some of their cabs and it got alot better. I like it just as much or better then alot of the amps in Amplitube 3. I also put a little reverb and delay on the back end and got some decent tones.
I had too keep the drive level backed off on the Wagner to about 50% or it got noisy and lost alot of its luster.

Would I buy It? Probably not with all the other amp sims and hardware that I got. But for free it's a no-brainer. I'm also going to check out his other amp sims. For anybody interested here is his site with downloads.

http://nickcrowlab.blogspot.com/
CRAZY6STRINGS

Post by CRAZY6STRINGS »

I thing that pretty much sums it up. The best thing going for it is that its free and the feel of the controls. Like you I am up to my chin with amp sims and more...but I can't stop looking around...lol.