Free Waves Plugin (Black Friday)

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

Rolling Estonian

Free Waves Plugin (Black Friday)

Post by Rolling Estonian »

This came across my inbox. I'm sure it's not going to be anything spectacular but a free Waves plugin is a free Waves plugin. It does require email to register.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtCwv12Fu48

M
Mark Bliss

Re: Free Waves Plugin (Black Friday)

Post by Mark Bliss »

Trueverb!
Snag it, you might like it. Popular with those who prefer a lot of verb tail.
Its good enough to add to the plugin library, and the price is right! 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Rolling Estonian

Got it! Trueverb looks pretty cool! And some of the stuff on sale looks really good........

M
chibear

Post by chibear »

Got it & seems cool. I'm going to need some time to play with it to actually see where it will fit.

A heads up for the 'easy' licensing procedure. It took 4 installations before Waves could see it's own licence .
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Yeah, it can be very frustrating.

As if the old Waves license center wasn't enough hoops to jump through, the new "easier" Waves Central is even more confusing.
It takes me a while to get used to these things, and I hate when they change them. I dont care about "cloud licenses" or "Upgrade protection plans" I just want to be able to smoothly and simply purchase, download, install and register. It seems the efforts to curb piracy makes the paying customer go through torture sometimes.
Maybe the d$$mn stupid dongles werent so bad.
I've mentioned it to them....... :lol:

Anyway, yeah, the last Waves plugin I purchased took about 6 tries (after installing the newest and greatest license managing bull$$it, then once I finally got it installed and registered, I still had to run re-scan VST's to get it to actually show up in Mixcraft.

Its not just Waves either. IKMultimedia's process for example is pretty bad too.
Toontracks seems to have figured out it pays not to annoy the customer. They have a pretty smooth system in my experience.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Rolling Estonian

Yeah, I had to download the new installer and it deleted other plugin so I had to reinstall my GEQ. It seemed like MC7 didn't see the plugins at all........ Luckily I noticed that I had two plugins in the 'failed to load' category in managing plugins, checked them off and was fine. Certainly not the most intuitive, And I agree about IK as well, I have Amplitube and it is tedious.

Either way, got to mess with Truverb a bit and it's definitely nice and very versatile, I can't say Waves doesn't put out a good product.

M
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Rolling Estonian wrote:I can't say Waves doesn't put out a good product.
No question. I have great respect for the function of the plugs I have. But the install process, not so much.

Just been working on a vocal track with Vocal rider and a hint of Renaissance Vox, great tools!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Rolling Estonian

There are some really tempting offers this weekend but I'm not there yet, even if I had the extra scratch, that needing to feed the family thing, you know? lol

Truth be told, I don't see the likes of expensive plugins being around much longer, tech has caught up so much that Joe code writer can put out a great product. I'm not saying that the likes of Waves will disappear but I do see them changing their business model pretty soon (which they kind of are already with frequent sales and significant price drops). I can see a move to 'Pro' and 'home' applications, they've shown that the value of their plugins isn't as high as they say and they're keeping common Joe out by restrictive pricing. Why should I buy now when I know that it'll be on sale soon thing, you know? They're trying to be more average consumer friendly but it's not going so well for them.

Anyway, just a few thoughts over morning coffee! :mrgreen:

M
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Rolling Estonian wrote:There are some really tempting offers this weekend but I'm not there yet, even if I had the extra scratch, that needing to feed the family thing, you know? lol
Kick em' out. Trust me, the sooner the better. :twisted:
Rolling Estonian wrote:Truth be told, I don't see the likes of expensive plugins being around much longer, (Etc)
Yeah I dont know where we are headed here. Its a new world and a new economy, and we are going thru an adjustment.
Seems the first fishing expedition is an attempt to get people on the subscription plan business model. I dont see that working out in the long run. Its not gonna last.
The current generational trend seems to be toward everything being very inexpensive or free, and that does not create a robust economy.
If we kick all these clinging critters to the curb, and they have to buy their own toys, the economy will benefit.
Marks economy 101 class. :wink:
Rolling Estonian wrote:Anyway, just a few thoughts over morning coffee!
I have been trying really hard not to think too hard about it. Over coffee or other beverages of choice. 8)

But if it helps, the wife and I contributed to the economy by a significant margin this week in adding to our Christmas light and extension cord collection. As well as our contemplative beverage inventory. With no offspring or critters to be concerned with we can do that kind of thing........ And still have money for more plug-ins too, if I want! :mrgreen:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Rolling Estonian

Hahahaha! Contemplative beverages! Classic!

Well, we have but one young'n and just a few critters......... But soon enough she'll be gone and we'll be able to enjoy the pleasures of us again! I already have plans for her room to be my studio........ Shhhhhhh, she has no idea! :mrgreen:

I do think that companies like Waves are fighting a losing battle when it comes to small programs like vst's, especially with the newer technology and the kids who are brilliant in that regard. Plus, I know that pirated software is a huge problem for developers. It's like the more you charge, the more people want to get it for free. It sucks but it seems like kids don't really care about that...... Not cool, but that's a discussion for another time when we can sit down with contemplative beverages and have a civil discourse! lol

M
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

Sorry, I know this is an old thread, but it was the only one that mentions TrueVerb.
I just bought it, but it doesn't show up in Mixcraft - any idea what to do or how to start it?
I just bought Tune Real-Time - also from Waves - a few days ago, and this was just in the list after installation ...
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Just recently had to reinstall on a new computer. Downloaded and used Waves Central as instructed. Ran installers and registered as instructed. Once done, opened Mixcraft and it scanned and found the files without a hitch.

I have found that with Waves pug ins, it is important that the Waves shell and specific plug in bundle folders all be left in the default installed locations. Moving anything causes problems.
If Mixcraft wont scan and associate the folders, you may have to locate them and edit the path. I didn't have any problem with that this time. Other plug ins however are still causing me grief. I'll get it sorted as time allows. :roll:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

Yes, I figured it might be that way. I just installed it into the folder Waves Central wants to use. With Tune Real Time two days ago it just worked like this, I can choose it now easily in the track's FX folder. With TrueVerb I followed the same installation rountine, but it is nowhere to be seen. It should be in the FX place too, right? Under "Waves TrueVerb"? No luck so far ...

Edit>>

Okay, problem solved. For some reason, I had to add the other WAVES folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V9) again explicitely in the Mixcraft plugin loading list. Not sure why Tune Real-Time was discovered automatically, but anyways, it solved the issue. Just if someone faces the same problem ...
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

yeah, it can be frustrating and take a little fiddling.

Glad you got it sorted, have fun!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Maybe after getting acquainted, you could start a thread with feedback on the new Waves real time pitch correction plug in as far as how it interfaces with Mixcraft.
I suspect the MIDI input function may not function but otherwise......... ?

The introduction sale price is tempting, but I think I will wait. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page