ZPlane Vielklang

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

Studio 919

ZPlane Vielklang

Post by Studio 919 »

Hey Y'all,

I have been looking at plug ins for creating pitch correction and/or harmonies. I keep going back to ZPlane Vielklang. I have watched their videos and it seems to do what I want. Currently, Sweetwater has the LE version for $19.99 (down from the normal price of $99.00). Before I buy, I have a question.

Note: I'm using MC 7.5 current build.

Their video says that in order to get a track in to the VK gui for harmonizing, you can use drag and drop. Does the drag and drop method work in MC?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Barry (formerly known as Doodad)
No matter where you go, there you are.

Mark Bliss

Re: ZPlane Vielklang

Post by Mark Bliss »

Not familiar with this plug in, but in general, what your description likely means is that it is used as an external editor or stand alone program.
If so, It wont process the audio "live" but the better processors of this type generally work that way, as they take more time to accurately analyse the audio and process it.
So I think you have to export the track to the processor, then re-import the processed track into the DAW.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Studio 919

Post by Studio 919 »

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the reply. I think you are right in that this is an external editor.
Mark Bliss wrote:So I think you have to export the track to the processor, then re-import the processed track into the DAW.
You are correct. The track is exported to their gui. Their video says you can drag and drop the track in to their gui for editing. Will the drag and drop process work in MC 7.5 Pro?

Barry

Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I am not sure Barry, but I am betting you have to render the file, then export it. (You may be able to drag and drop it from a Windows folder. I am suspecting its a no-go directly from Mixcraft.) But again, just guessing.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Studio 919

Post by Studio 919 »

Thanks Mark,

That's what I'm wondering. I know that Brother Charles has stated in another thread that he uses Vielklang. Hopefully, he'll see this thread and jump in here.

Barry