Tune Real-Time vs GSnap Pitch Correction?

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

UilleannB

Tune Real-Time vs GSnap Pitch Correction?

Post by UilleannB »

Bestservice just has an offer for Tune Real-Time, and I am just wondering if anyone has an opinion here about this, especially if compared to Mixcraft's GSnap Pitch Correction?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Tune Real-Time vs GSnap Pitch Correction?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Never heard of that one, but they do have a demo version. Scroll all the way down on the product page.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

Yes, I watched it. But I didn't tried singing before, so I am lacking a bit overview. Just curious whether somebody knew both and could compare.
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

Tune Real-Time is a Waves product and is designed for use with live performances, although I see no reason why it would not work with studio-based DAW software. However, after looking at the GUI on the promotion video, it seems that it has nothing to offer over GSnap. The main difference between GSnap and most premium software is the inclusion of a formant control, which makes the voice sound deeper or higher, but this appears to be missing from Tune Real-Time. If you really want to try Tune Real-Time, you can download the demo version (which I imagine is time limited) from the Waves website and give it a go, but used correctly, I find GSnap works well.