I'll start

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

I'll start

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Oh boy, I am like a kid at toys-r-us here now

Plugins are so much fun for me, I always loved the rack full of effects, eq's, etc when we play out live, the more lights, the cooler we look right?

Ok, I will start by simply posting my personal page full of plugin links.

Demon Digital Plugins Page

More from me coming soon and often.

I hope you guys/gals all post here, I am always interested in plugins for Mixcraft and Beatcraft.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hey Eric,

Can you maybe give us a specific example of a plugin effect you used to, um, good effect?

Greg
Mindzye

This is the stuff of perversion

Post by Mindzye »

Love the skins on this stuff!
:D
http://www.jackdark.net/darkware.html
Turn it Loud!
Mindzye

And yet theres more!

Post by Mindzye »

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/2461.html Try them out Mutha Suckaz!
Turn it Loud!
Mindzye

This is just fantastic!

Post by Mindzye »

This one is just far too cool! 8) ...I dare you to check it out!

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/826.html
Turn it Loud!
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

sure

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Sure I can give tons of examples of plugins I now call essential.
Nyquist EQ - Parametric equalizer great for getting rid of bad frequencies on any instrument, vocals or mastering mix.

VocSteady - A sort of automatic compression unit, it is perfect for smoothing out vocal tracks, even instrument tracks if need be.

Anwida Equalizers and verb/delays - I use these on absolutely everything! Combined with Mixcraft and/or Beatcraft, studio professional quality renderings are easy to achieve.

More a little later :-)
Last edited by Acoustica Eric on Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stef66

Post by Stef66 »

Cool, but most of these are demo versions, so we still have to put out $$$ for these, any free stuff out there that still sounds decent? :wink:
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Nyquist is free, Vocsteady is cheap and something that you just won't be able to live without if you try it.

Yes, there are lots of freebies that work just fine, what are you looking for? I'll see if I can find it for you.
Stef66

Post by Stef66 »

Thanks a lot Eric, not really searching for something in particular the built in effects in Mixcraft are already very fine, just though that if it's free, its a nice to have thing you know.

But if vocsteady is so nice, i'll check it out more seriously, i don't sing, but i am now working with a local singer who might need just that for our pre-production works. :wink:
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Yep, the effects that come with Mixcraft are great! I am just one of those people who is highly entertained by seeing a new equalizer or delay unit show up within Mixcraft, it's so cool!

Yes Vocsteady is awesome, it totally smooths out vocal or instrument tracks. It works great if you have say a bass track where your higher strings are not as loud as say the E and A string. It brings them up and pulls the louder ones down, and without that annoying up/down/up/down sound you get from most compressors.

The other thing about it is that it works right out of the box, no adjusting needed though the adjustments are there if you want to tweak.
Daltonx

Post by Daltonx »

WOW!... a plugins section all to it's self... cool! :D I'm a bit like you Eric when it comes to plugin effects... like a kid in a toy store I love them lol

I hafta agree with you about Nyquist EQ it may not look like much but you soon realize just how essential and how great this little FREE plugin is... so top marks for that one.

SIR 2 is just unbelievable and it's simplicity compared to other high-end and more expensive plugins is why this gets top marks again from me... not free tho but then Christian Knufinke who made the first SIR has put a lot of work into this one.. so it's well worth the support 8)

iZotope Ozone 3 is a fantastic Mastering plugin... again simple to use but quite expensive but worth trying out the demo .... this is one that will be on my Christmas list! :D
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

That iZotope Ozone looks very cool, I will check it out a little further, thanks!
nima

Post by nima »

yes izotope is realy good , Auto tune is the t pain effect , that is also good.

any other cool plugins you guys might know for vocals?? something that makes the overdubbings tight? let me know

my secrets :

use auto tune and mx reverb = great sounding chorus!

chorus offkey = good on rap vocals
irishcreme

plug ins wont open

Post by irishcreme »

I have been trying to download these plug in's but it says that my computer cannot open a file with a "dll" extension and all i got was a bunch of gibberish in notepad.

Whats wrong? :cry:
Blessings!

Irish
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Don't try to open the DLL files, just save them to a folder, like C:\Program Files\VST\ for example. The software will then find the plugins and load them. If you place the DLL files in an unfamiliar folder, you can go into the effects preferences and indicate which folders you want searched for plugins.

Greg