chords display

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

freightgod

Re: chords display

Post by freightgod »

mick wrote:I've a notion this is what you are looking for.

http://thepiz.org/plugins/?p=midiChordAnalyzer
Nice find, mick! I dunno for sure, C6S, if this is what the o.p. had in mind, but I think so.

edit: 64 bit version, too! Wrappers? We don't need no stinkin' wrappers :lol:
Also, thepiz looks like an interesting site. Must get out of my shell more often...
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Hmm, this could be an interesting utility/solution Mick, have to play with it later when I get a few minutes!
It may not be exactly what was asked about, but its better than a one finger chord playing organ........
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
mick

Post by mick »

CRAZYSTRINGS commented:
Of course, there are products like this. But this is not exactly what the poster is asking.

He wants a software that will show him if he is playing a wrong chord.

I think I will come across as a hater but here goes, I don't think you understood what the poster was asking, and, what the replies were implied.
1 / You can see the notes on the on screen keyboard.
2 / You can see the chord description by way of (for instance) C#m or by clicking the "flats tab Ddm.
This covers the two questions by my logic i.e. chord notes and chord description, so if the OP intended to play DMajor (D F# A) and got D augmented by accidentally playing D F# A# (or Bb) the notes and description is there from which to make the correction.

I think the question has collected some unmentioned attributes such as "I want a program that will guess what I intend to play " I don't see that request only the two that I refer to. However, I am an old geezer so anything can happen and I shall stand corrected while making a solute with a funny hat on. :lol:
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

My hat gets some wear. 8)

I think perhaps the pivotal word is in the product description.
"guess"
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
CRAZY6STRINGS

Post by CRAZY6STRINGS »

mick wrote: I think the question has collected some unmentioned attributes such as "I want a program that will guess what I intend to play " I don't see that request only the two that I refer to. However, I am an old geezer so anything can happen and I shall stand corrected while making a solute with a funny hat on. :lol:
Mick, I think you are right on this.
My thinking was completely tied to this statement Magnetos made: i was wondering if there is any way to see the chords that you playing on your midi keyboard on the screen so you can check if you got it right.
I think I grabbed the ball, and ran the wrong way with it LOL
mick

Post by mick »

We need an adjudicator! 8)

Not sure how to spell adjudicator :roll:
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I'm pretty sure that's the right spelling.

But I disagree, what we need is (Not by any stretch picking on the OP here) clearly written questions with sufficient information to respond without too much guessing and creative interpretation.

But since that's never likely to develop into a reality, I suggest we continue to do the best we can and keep our sense of humor. :lol:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
magnetos

Post by magnetos »

thank you guys Mick you nailed it that was exactly what i was looking for I apologize if I created any confusion
now if that plug in would be integrated into mixcraft so it would be always on ,that'll be really cool but I'll take it as it is :)
mick

Post by mick »

Magnetos replied ........ I apologize if I created any confusion
Some of us will agree that this forum thrives on confusion.. keep feeding the beast! 8)
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

CRAZY6STRINGS wrote: He wants a software that will show him if he is playing a wrong chord.
Yeah. Just like a GPS that will tell you when you make a wrong turn. :lol:
mick

Post by mick »

Turn left at 50 yards...Turn left at 50 yards...Turn left at 50 yards...Turn left at 50 yards...Turn left at 50 yards... :roll:
CRAZY6STRINGS

Post by CRAZY6STRINGS »

Correction, correction,...... you just missed you turn! :oops:
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

What's a GPS? 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page