Free Izotope Vocal Doubler

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

comedians

Free Izotope Vocal Doubler

Post by comedians »

Don't know how it sounds but it's free from a reputable company, I might actually get to try it if I stop wasting all my time reading Dale's posts !

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mix ... ubler.html
mixyguy2

Re: Free Izotope Vocal Doubler

Post by mixyguy2 »

Thanks! Worth a shot
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

I tried it. I thought it was stupid to have to get an "authorization code" for free software, but it would have been worth it if it was any good. IMO it is not. I tried it (granted with a simple sample of my unimpressive voice! But still), and noticed no difference at all on ANY setting. I may try again with a diff setup but it's looking not worth the while to me.
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

comedians wrote:Don't know how it sounds but it's free from a reputable company, I might actually get to try it if I stop wasting all my time reading Dale's posts !
:lol:

I think it sound alright 8)
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
comedians

Post by comedians »

I got around to and actually quite impressed, adds a feeling of depth for now't I think it's very useful, I'm with Ian.

They use an authorisation code to harvest email address from users who do not already have an account. Fairly standard practise, at least they are open with it.
I would never let customers demo my $1000 software with collecting some information.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Been experimenting with it for about a week.
I like the simple interface and controls. And the blend control makes it dead simple to get a subtle thickening result.
I think it's a keeper.

Having dealt with them for a few years, I can pretty much assure that a free iZotopes teaser means a new product suite will follow soon. New version of Nectar perhaps, don't know. I like some of their products enough to be curiously interested.

And yeah, I don't think ensuring users visit the website and see the product line, and supply an email addy for further advert presentation is terribly invasive or unexpected. Looks like business 101 from my perspective. :wink:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
oyebass

Post by oyebass »

Nice share. I'm already using a doubler by Waves but I'm a big fan of iZotope. Great for mastering. Thx!