EZX Expansions

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

Fansang

EZX Expansions

Post by Fansang »

Some I'm going to be purchasind EZDrummer here in the next few days and right now when purchasing you get a free EZX Expansion pack. I'm just curious as to what I should choose...

First off, I feel like what comes in the standard EZD package is probably more than enough for me to work with.

Secondly, I sometimes find too much to choose from a bit overwhelming. Too many choices when my motto is to simply keep is simple silly!

All this being said, I guess I'm kind of a punk rock, 90's alt rock kind of guy. I guess I could see myself doing some alt country/Americana down the road. You can hear what I've done lately on my youtube or soundcloud

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... cwhbBrhOLd
https://soundcloud.com/ianhoadleymusic

I guess expansion pack-wise I'm looking at the Alt/Rock, Big Rock Drums, Hard Rock, Pop Punk, Pop/Rock, and Rock Solid packs. Those seem to fit with what I'd be doing now or down the road. I still need to do a bit more homework on these options.

Anyone have any useful input?
Rolling Estonian

Re: EZX Expansions

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I love EZD2! I'm just a crappy guitar player/singer and recording hobbyist so I do try to keep it as uncomplicated as possible. Sounds like you've kind of answered all of your own questions, you just need to pull the trigger. I bought EZD2 a few years ago when they offered 2 EXP with purchase, I took Nashville and Indie Folk because I figured that the kits that came with it would have plenty of Rock, and they do. Between those 4 I was pretty much set for what I do, there was a sale, more than a 2 for 1 and I got Rock Solid and The Blues. Now I've got more than I need.

Truth be told, with all the ways you can manipulate and alter sounds these days you can make a lot of kits sound like others.

Having said all of that, I'd go with the Alt/Rock or Punk because it sounds like that's where you find your sound for now.

M
Fansang

Post by Fansang »

Appreciate the input. Those were the 2 I figured would be "right" for me. And watching the making of videos for each of those sorta confirmed that. I actually pulled the trigger this morning and got everything installed. It'll be interest to see where I go from here. I had be using MT Power Drum Kit which was great for what I am doing but wanted a bit more in the way of options. I ended up with the Pop Punk but I liked the notion that if I'd gone with the Alt/Rock then, indirectly, I'd have been working with Steve Albini on all my stuff :lol:
John Feldman's no slouch, though I'm not typically a fan of a lot of the bands he's worked with but whatevs.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Congrats, you'll love it. Remember in the mixer section to select multichannel and assign tracks for each drum. Probably not needed to be said but I keep the EZD main track as the last because of all the child tracks. If you're going to use pads, they make it pretty easy to midi learn. Love the song creator too! Who needs a click track when you can have a whole kit!

M