Plugin TB MultiFX seems wonky - seeking advice

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

CazaroTaro

Plugin TB MultiFX seems wonky - seeking advice

Post by CazaroTaro »

I've been trying out the new plugins in Mixcraft 9 and have run into some peculiarities with the TB MultiFX plugin.

When I load TB MultiFX onto a track, with the "default" preset, NONE of the knobs do anything. I can turn them all, and the values change, but no change whatsoever to the sound. If I select any other preset than default, say 'auto panner', the knobs will work and effect the sound. Can anybody please confirm if this is the case on their installation?

Another point. When the preset "auto panner" is selected. The plugin does indeed autopan. However, panning is controlled by the InPan knob, but it is not a target listed for LFO1 which is controlling the autopan effect. Instead, the target of OutGain now controls the depth of panning. Can anybody confirm that they see the same functionality?

My thanks in advance to anybody who cares to take a moment to check on whether my observations are valid.

Cazar

Mixcraft 9 Build 452 64-bit
Acoustica Greg

Re: Plugin TB MultiFX seems wonky - seeking advice

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What happens if you adjust settings, then increase the Wet Out value?

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that In Pan is not a target listed for LFO1?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
CazaroTaro

Post by CazaroTaro »

Thank you for your response.

Increasing the Wet Out value above 0%, the default value, resolved my problem with no apparent effect when changing other values such as HPF frequency when the default preset is selected. A clear case of operator error. Mea culpa.

With respect to my observation on the Auto Panner preset, I believe I now have an idea of how the Auto Panner works. Referencing the figure below, LFO1, surrounded by the blue square, modulates the auto panning. Specifically, LFO1 modulates Delay and Outgain in the Target list (yellow/orange square).

By varying the settings of Amount for Delay and Outgain using LFO1, it seems that Outgain is used to pass the delayed signal at the LFO1 frequency to be merged with the dry signal thereby creating a panning effect. I eventually found the TB Plugins Manual wherein MultiFX is called Module. Here it explains that negative values for delay in this Target list create a delay difference for manipulating the stereo field.

I would have never come up with this on my own. Why not simply modulate the InPan value directly? Anyway, it is what it is.

I first went to the Mixcraft 9 manual for clarification, but detailed info on the TB plugins is not present. Would it be possible to import the relevant sections of the TB plugins manual into the Mixcraft 9 manual? Alternatively, could a hyperlink to the TB plugins manual be added to the Mixcraft 9 manual? Note that clicking on the “info” button at bottom center of the plugin window does not open the TB plugin manual.
Attachments
Annotated MultiFX 3.png
Annotated MultiFX 3.png (124.18 KiB) Viewed 3012 times
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

HI,

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll pass them along.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101