Problem with Scaler2

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

Gasparius

Problem with Scaler2

Post by Gasparius »

Hi,

Unfortunately, I can't install the Scaler2 plugin.
After the install I don't find the Scaler among installed plugins folder, because the Mixcraft 9Pro puts it in the "Unable to load" directory...

The I sign it to reenable, and restart Mixcraft, but the operation fails again.

I reinstalled the Mixcraft, and Win10...what could be the problem?

Thank you!
Rolling Estonian

Re: Problem with Scaler2

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Have you tried scanning plugin folders from MC settings, under plugins? Also, sometimes the installer will make it's own folder but usually has something like vst in the title, you can put the directory in manually.

M
Gasparius

Post by Gasparius »

When I installed Scaler, I put the .dll file in a separate directory.
Mixcraft finds it, but puts it in a directory that can't be opened.
Gasparius

Post by Gasparius »

I tried to leave the .dll file in the directory that the installer offers during installation. That doesn't work either, the 2 dll. files is placed in the "unloadable" directory by Mixcraft.
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you're running 32-bit Mixcraft, make sure you're installing 32-bit Scaler2, if there is such a thing.

Next, click on the File menu, select Manage Plug-Ins, then put a check mark next to Scaler2 and restart Mixcraft. If that doesn't help...

Try uninstalling Scaler2, and deleting any extra DLL files you copied to other folders as well.

Once that's done, install Scaler2 again, and make a note of where it puts the VST file. Finally, make sure that VST folder is in Plug-Ins preferences under Edit VST/VSTi Folders and restart Mixcraft.

If those things don't help, get it to happen again, then quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Gasparius

Post by Gasparius »

Thanks Greg, the log file is gone.
heks

Post by heks »

This probably doesn't help, (but lets you know it can be done), I had no problem installing Scaler 2 where I wanted ,not its default location. Just don't mix up the vst3 and vst2 versions when changing install locations. Vst3 always goes in Program Files> Common Files>VST3, where as VST2 can be installed where ever you want, but make sure the location you choose is not "protected" as that causes problems.
Gasparius

Post by Gasparius »

heks wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:56 am This probably doesn't help, (but lets you know it can be done), I had no problem installing Scaler 2 where I wanted ,not its default location. Just don't mix up the vst3 and vst2 versions when changing install locations. Vst3 always goes in Program Files> Common Files>VST3, where as VST2 can be installed where ever you want, but make sure the location you choose is not "protected" as that causes problems.
Well, nfortunately the reg file didn't help me...
I don't quite understand, vst2 and vst 3 can't be in the same directory?
I've tried to select another location, but so far I haven't paid attention to the relationship between vst 2 and vst3.
Anyway, do I need both?
My operating system is 64-bit
heks

Post by heks »

Gasparius wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:13 am Anyway, do I need both?
That's up to you. Some vst's are only being developed as VST3 now though. Have you found where your plugins have been installed? If you have, as Greg mentioned, just point Mixcraft to them, tell it where to look, klick on ,,, File, then select preferences, plugins (in column on left side) you should see where it says " Edit VST/VSTI Folders", if yours is not there you can you can select the "Add" button and browse to and select it.
Hope that helps.
Gasparius

Post by Gasparius »

Attachments
Sc6.jpg
Sc6.jpg (237.48 KiB) Viewed 8824 times
Sc5.jpg
Sc5.jpg (221.87 KiB) Viewed 8824 times
Sc4.jpg
Sc4.jpg (53.4 KiB) Viewed 8824 times
Sc3.jpg
Sc3.jpg (36.54 KiB) Viewed 8824 times
Sc2.jpg
Sc2.jpg (53.36 KiB) Viewed 8824 times
Sc1.jpg
Sc1.jpg (43.33 KiB) Viewed 8824 times
Gasparius

Post by Gasparius »

Attachments
Sc7.jpg
Sc7.jpg (49.97 KiB) Viewed 8823 times
Gasparius

Post by Gasparius »

Maybe I should try to install vst3 only, not both?
Although I don't think that's the problem.
heks

Post by heks »

The files in your Documents fold are where Scaler store presets and other file it needs,, the(x86) location is for 32 bit versions of programmes. Scaler 2 is only 64bit vst and vst3 so if you have only one hard drive be expected to be found in ether Local Disk (C)> Program Files > VSTPlugins or for vst3 Local Disk> Program Files>Common Files (which is the default location for vst3 plugins)

I've checked Mixcraft and its is seeing the vst3 version of scaler here ok, so it may be easier to just install the vst 3 version for now. I noticed you have a Native Instruments folder, just wondered, can mixcraft find those plugins ok. Hope that helps.