Cherry effects?

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

bigaquarium

Cherry effects?

Post by bigaquarium »

The Cherry Audio synth simulations are so good that I would encourage Acoustica's sister company to replicate effects as well. I think there's a market there for sure, especially with UAD stuff running about $300 a pop.

-Nathan
ferez21

Re: Cherry effects?

Post by ferez21 »

Interesting, i didn't know there is a connection between Cherry Audio and Acoustica, and now I can't help but wonder why don't they use the resources they have for Cherry Audio to create custom effects and instruments for Mixcraft to make a more coherent package.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Cherry Audio was born out of those guys' love of synth hardware. They actually own the hardware that the virtual synths were inspired by. Making a de-esser or a flanger doesn't inspire the same passion in them.

There's also the issue of manpower. How much incentive do we have to recreate all the EQs, compressors, and so on from scratch when we can bundle third-party effects? Do we pull people away from working on Mixcraft to work on effects?

As the company grows, that could all change in the future, but that's where we are now.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
ferez21

Post by ferez21 »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:42 am Hi,

Cherry Audio was born out of those guys' love of synth hardware. They actually own the hardware that the virtual synths were inspired by. Making a de-esser or a flanger doesn't inspire the same passion in them.

There's also the issue of manpower. How much incentive do we have to recreate all the EQs, compressors, and so on from scratch when we can bundle third-party effects? Do we pull people away from working on Mixcraft to work on effects?

As the company grows, that could all change in the future, but that's where we are now.

Greg
With that said, i think it would be nice to bundle Mixcraft with a few "homegrown" instruments (or effects) to have a seemless integration, things like the ability to edit micropitch in the pianoroll, or to right-click on the instruments' knobs to create automation and so on.