Native Instruments

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

JIMA

Native Instruments

Post by JIMA »

Noticing a no brainer deal on Kirk Hunters Diamond orchestra, I picked it up even though I didnt have the required Full Kontak to run it. I have since discovered the D O will run on the free Komplete control software. Just wondering if Komplete control will run other software advertised as requiring the full version of Kontakt.
Rolling Estonian

Re: Native Instruments

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I'm not a Kontakt user but I do know about their business model, and now you do to! lol

This is how they get you, they give you the free main software and charge you for the packages you want while constantly having sales for the Komplete upgrade with purchase of ________. I have Amplitube and it's the same thing on a smaller scale, Kontakt is HUGE! I can't imagine that there would be many packages that would require purchase of the full version, but I'm sure someone else will pipe in with their experiences.

M
JIMA

Post by JIMA »

I'm just glad I hadnt yet forked out for the full kontakt version when the free Komplete control runs the Diamond orchestra. May have been an oversight by NI, if so a case to not update the KC. If intentional NI have lost income and I have gained use. Happy days
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

That's what they want, that you'll like the diamond but it'll be limited in some way and you'll have to get another addition to the orchestra, or a sample pack, or......

M
JIMA

Post by JIMA »

I get what you are saying. I've come across plenty of restricted software versions that you have to pay out extra to access full capability. But in this instance, I bought the D O from kirk hunter with the intent to save up and get Kontakt to run it. It was purely by curiosity I discovered that the free Konplete control software that ships with the free version of Komplete start runs the D O without the restriction of its functionality.
JIMA

Post by JIMA »

The Komplete control also ships with a bunch of samples, has the capability to drag and drop samples into and out of, and has an arp, a smart paly function and is compatible with running a myriad other fx.
JIMA

Post by JIMA »

WHAT IS KOMPLETE KONTROL?
KOMPLETE KONTROL is a easy-to-use tool that cleans up your workflow. It organizes all your instruments, effects, presets, loops, and samples, smartly mapping everything to your hardware so you can find, play, and tweak all your sounds in one place. This free plug-in runs in any DAW and works seamlessly with any MIDI controller – or your trusty mouse and keyboard.

KOMPLETE KONTROL brings all KOMPLETE instruments and effects – as well as over 750 other plug-ins from 90 leading creators like Waves, Spitfire Audio, Softube, Arturia, and Output – into one intuitive workflow. All thanks to NI’s extended plug-in format, Native Kontrol Standard (NKS).

INTUITIVE INTEGRATION HUB

Unite all your instruments, effects, loops, and samples with one powerful, free plug-in
Browse, tweak, and preview all your sounds
Easily play hundreds of scales, chords, arpeggios, and more with Smart Play
Maps everything perfectly to KOMPLETE KONTROL keyboards – and other controllers can be set up in seconds

With Smart Play, KOMPLETE KONTROL gives you new and inspiring ways to perform. Map your keyboard to any one of over 100 different scales and modes, play chords with one finger, effortlessly create expressive arpeggios, and more. And if you happen to own one of our S-Series keyboards, you’ll get all the visual feedback you need directly from the Light Guide.

MILLIONS OF LOOPS AND SAMPLES MADE SIMPLE
NKS now also extends to loops and samples. That means KOMPLETE KONTROL syncs all your Collections from Sounds.com with a single click, and neatly tags everything for easy browsing in your DAW – and it also works for all the sounds in the MASCHINE library and Expansions. You can play everything with a built-in sampler, drag loops and one-shots into your DAW timeline, or drop them into sample-using instruments like BATTERY, TRK-01, and FLESH.
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

LOL

Haven't used this thing but "easy to use" and "cleans up your workflow" are two of the last things I think of when I think of NI. IMO NI sucks, and Kontakt and Komplete suck. For starters, the whole plugin inside a plugin concept blows, plus it's overpriced, the UI blows (screen isn't even scalable), tons of real estate wasted that you can't do anything about, 800 file extensions which make reading Chinese look easy by comparison, I could go on. PS few plugins designed for Kontakt work on the free version, at least that I have ever seen, and I've tried out many.

The quickest way to lose my business is to go "requires full version of Kontakt."