Disable plugins....why?

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

mixyguy2

Disable plugins....why?

Post by mixyguy2 »

Just wondering. I've never messed with this. It is just so visually you have a shorter list?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Disable plugins....why?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

From my perspective, I often ask people to disable plugins temporarily to narrow down which one might be causing a crash (because a seemingly innocent plugin can cause the next plugin in line to crash).

Some people have done it to simplify their list, but in the case of third-party plugins, I think it would be better to uninstall them.

Mixcraft can automatically disable plugins in certain circumstances if they are involved in a crash, and in that case, you might use Manage Plug-Ins to re-enable plugins that didn't actually cause the crash.

I'm talking about the option under File Menu > Manage Plug-Ins, but there's also the option to not load any VST effects or instruments in Plug-In preferences, which can also be used for troubleshooting.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Rolling Estonian

Re: Disable plugins....why?

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Deleted, misunderstood. I thought you were talking about the check boxes next to the effect when you pull it up in a track/submix etc. I use those to a/b stuff a lot.

M