Plug in issues

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

bryzar

Plug in issues

Post by bryzar »

Hi everyone
My problem is this as many of you might have similar issues.
I have quite a few synth plug ins (Serum, Hive Kontakt guitars etc which suffer from crackling, distortion during recording and playback.
Suggested remedies for this is to reduce the number of voices on the synth (which sort of defeats the purpose of using a decent synth) or reduce the buffer size via my external soundcard (I have a Scarlett 2i2 next gen) ok this helps but is a lot of fiddling around back and forth as well as freezing tracks if needed ...so what I want to know what is the fundamental cause of these issues ... in the bottom right corner of the Mixcraft 9 DAW (Pro Studio) there are the CPU Mixcraft and System usage indicators which are always below 20% so as I have mentioned why should I have these issues..do I need a faster CPU. .more RAM etc ??
I hope you can help me in my quest to make my recording work flow simpler.
Txs
Bryan
Acoustica Greg

Re: Plug in issues

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Lots of factors might be involved. The first thing to try would be to increase your buffer or latency settings.

If that doesn't help, the next time it happens, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Log file will tell all but what I do know is some of these vsti have become much more robust and needy on the resources. What are your system specs?

M
ferez21

Post by ferez21 »

It's hardly ever the RAM unless you use HUGE sample libraries, so i will rule that one out as long as you have 8GB or more.
Processor is definitely the most important, but we need to know your exact situation, because even a mediocre processor should be able to handle 2 instances of Serum and 2 instances of Kontakt running at the same time.

It will be helpful if you provided more info about your system and project.
And btw, the CPU meter in Mixcraft is pretty much useless due to it being inconsistent.