Why does MC8.1 hate IK Multimedia/T-racks plugins so much?

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

mth5044

Why does MC8.1 hate IK Multimedia/T-racks plugins so much?

Post by mth5044 »

I know there's been some pretty old threads about this with previous versions of Mixcraft, but it doesn't seem like anything was ever resolved. There are certain T-racks plugins that just grind Mixcraft to a halt. I believe they are very GPU intensive ones, mostly things that deal with EQ, like EQ's, but also the mastering plugins. After 1 EQ plugin, things start moving slow, and there's burps, two EQs and things start taking several seconds to respond, 3+ and the it crashes and usually the file is corrupted.

I don't know if I'm necessarily looking for fixes, though if there are, I wouldn't say no, I'm more curious about what causes the incompatibility between the two. I have to imagine the IK stuff works on other platforms since it's been around quite a while and if it did this on the other platforms, it wouldn't stick around long.

I watch the CPU and System %'s in the corner, and I've watched my computer vitals through some other programs, and it's not overtaxing my system, it's like it just starts beating mixcraft to death. I have confirmed it's certain IK plugins by removing them and having the project come back to life.

Would love to hear your thoughts. I've considered upgrading to 9 as I've been with mixcraft since 6 - any thoughts on if 9 helps fix problems like these? Thank you!
Acoustica Greg

Re: Why does MC8.1 hate IK Multimedia/T-racks plugins so much?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
ferez21

Re: Why does MC8.1 hate IK Multimedia/T-racks plugins so much?

Post by ferez21 »

Experiencing the same as described by the OP in my Mixcraft 9, was wondering about that too.