JEWS Harp VST

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

dejavue56

JEWS Harp VST

Post by dejavue56 »

Anyone know of a good VST for a JEWS HARP?

I cobbled one together using some samples I found and a VST that lets me map to these samples, but its pretty limited.

I used it in a video I posted on YOUTUBE called "AMERICAN RIDE PARODY" by BILLYRAYBAND. But I would like to improve the JEWS HARP part as its used quite a lot in the original Toby Keith version. I did use Mixcraft VSTS for drums, violo, and an accordion.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

I found a plugin, but it doesn't seem to work. Your best strategy might be to just use a microphone and record one.
Sungodv

Post by Sungodv »

Do a Google search for Dr. Tikov Jew Harp VST, it's free. It's got about 50 some odd samples of the thing, but I find a real Jews Harp better as far as sounding 'real'. Jews / Jaw harps are one note however, so the VST is kinda nice as you can play a keyboard and get more than one note. Chords even.
The real thing is super easy to play and doesn't cost much.
Boing............... :P
Core2 Quad Desktop & XP Pro - Samplitude 11 & Pro X, SONAR 8.5 Producer & Mixcraft 5 for VST's / VSTi's. Toneport UX2 USB Interface. Audio Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Loads of basses, guitars & keyboards.

My Music:

www.soundclick.com/sungod
mixyguy2

Re: JEWS Harp VST

Post by mixyguy2 »

Jew's harps are not just one note, but anyway, yes I have that one and it's good IMO. You can also select many different patches (although they are oddly just numbers, not named) for various other sounds, some more similar to a Jew's harp than others.

There are a few pay plugins, though I don't know how good they are.