Kjaerhus

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

yevster

Kjaerhus

Post by yevster »

I'm not actually a Mixcraft user, but I'm a huge fan of the Kjaerhus classic bundle. Now that Kjaerhus is for all intents and purposes defunct, I couldn't help wondering:

* Was Acoustica actually authorized to redestribute the classic bundle on its website? If so, it could get a lot of web traffic just by getting sites like KVR to update the plugin links to point to Acoustica's download, since the original site is no longer up.

* If Acoustica has a relationship with Kjaerhus, what are the odds of it acquiring and/or redistributing the other Kjaerhus products at reasonable pricing and sans Kjaerhus' ridiculous copy protection?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, we do have permission to distribute the effects, but we haven't been able to get in contact with their creator since before the Kjaerhus web page went down.

Greg
JohnL

Re: Kjaerhus

Post by JohnL »

I bought Golden Audio Channel and Golden Audio Gate a few years ago and just got them off of an old hard drive. I also have the activation codes, since you guys have the rights to this software maybe we can work out a deal, I can send you the dll. and activation codes for hmmm, let's see, a free upgrade to mixcraft 6 pro :D I did pay about 150 bucks for both of them.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

JohnL wrote:I bought Golden Audio Channel and Golden Audio Gate a few years ago and just got them off of an old hard drive. I also have the activation codes, since you guys have the rights to this software maybe we can work out a deal, I can send you the dll. and activation codes for hmmm, let's see, a free upgrade to mixcraft 6 pro :D I did pay about 150 bucks for both of them.
... purchasing a user license isn't the same as having the ability to redistribute merchandise. So, they can't legally buy the user license from you and then turn around and sell these products, seeing as they might not have permission to redistribute (seeing as your user license restricts this anyway.)

Note, Greg never specifically said they were given permission to distribute the paid effects, just the Classic Bundle from what I understood of it.
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

so what did happen to them after all?
this seems to be a question all over the net.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

gypsy101 wrote:so what did happen to them after all?
this seems to be a question all over the net.
Unfortunately, that question may not ever be answered