Vocal effects

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

daimonion

Vocal effects

Post by daimonion »

Hi. So, so new to mixcraft and DAW(?) in general.

Question: The build in vocal effects for Mixcraft 5 aren't doing it for me. I downloaded the demo for Nectar, and that sounded great, but the price is... not really too steep, but I wonder if theres something cheaper but still good out there that you can recommend.
Ianpb

Re: Vocal effects

Post by Ianpb »

daimonion wrote:Hi. So, so new to mixcraft and DAW(?) in general.

Question: The build in vocal effects for Mixcraft 5 aren't doing it for me. I downloaded the demo for Nectar, and that sounded great, but the price is... not really too steep, but I wonder if theres something cheaper but still good out there that you can recommend.
That depends on what you want to do with the sound.
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

There's nothing else out there exactly like Nectar that I know of. Mainly because Nectar is highly customizable and includes delay and reverb along with the compression, eq, de-esser, etc.

You should check out Waves CLA Vocal for $64.

There's also Voxengo Voxformer for $69.95. Voxengo makes high-quality plugins. Add Mixcraft built-in reverb and delay and you're good to go.
*Vibrant Audio*
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

I agree with Vibrant Audio regarding Waves CLA Vocal. It is a rack effect plug-in that has switchable treble, bass, compressor, reverb, delay, and stereo spread, but dispenses with all the adjustments that can make the whole thing tedious. I use it often because it adds life and sparkle to vocals, and once used to it, can be set up very quickly.